What's your favorite Jimmy Dykes moment? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What's your favorite Jimmy Dykes moment?

You know, I kept thinking tonight "Mannnn this game seems LONG!!"

Now I realize why.

"MCW is their only point guard.". I was thinking where is going with this meaningless observation, then it came. "They could still win the championship. Kentucky did that last year". Well done Dykes you stupid unprofessional piece of .

"I saw this kid making play after play on Austin Rivers, and I thought who is this, he amazing? Someone told me he was going to Syracuse." (Thinks to self...well he's not THAT good...)

My favorite "You just fouled Trevor Cooney, all he does is jack up 3's and you just fouled him on a non threatening drive, all he does is shoot threes." Meanwhile the kid is O for the century this season.

Didn't say he makes them.

Definitely a really close call between the MCW probably getting tired since he hadn't seen him leave the game versus JB being a fuzzy teddy bear on the road for second place. But my favorite hasn't been mentioned... James Southerland never puts the ball on the floor. By my math based off of listening to Dykes, James Southerland averaged 5.8 points per dribble tonight. If Arkansas could have increased their defensive efficiency against points per dribble, they could have pulled off a huge upset.

"Michael Carter Williams slithers to the goal."

He had everyone slithering into the lane...what's up with that? I don't think I've heard a smooth basketball move described as slithering before, and I know I've never heard about 6 different plays in the same half described that way.

I also really enjoyed when it was theorized that Dajuan went over the back. On the replay, shown from the camera above the rim, you barely see Coleman at the bottom of the screen and when the shot is in the air, he completely disappears.

Jimmy, "After watching the replay, that's clearly an over the back there." Ok Jimmy, glad the video cleared that up for you.
I eventually turned the sound off but while I was listening, that was the only call or non-call he questioned. What a dork.

Dykes is the perfect example of what happens when you put a partisan homer imbecile behind a microphone. I'm sure we can all think of many others who fit the bill as well.

It seems no ESPN college basketball game is complete without one!

Dykes is a bush league SEC apologist and I'll die a happy man if I never have to listen to him do an SU game again

Better was when he went on to say "The SEC exit fee is $0 what does that tell you?" It tells me he needs to be punched in the face.
it tells me their hoops are a joke and their football is corrupt

Dykes is the perfect example of what happens when you put a partisan homer imbecile behind a microphone. I'm sure we can all think of many others who fit the bill as well.
You fergot inbred.

Perfectly stated.

Right at the end of the game Dykes was screaming at Arkansas: "They have to foul, they have to foul, it's their only chance. Immediately after he said "chance" Arkansas stole the ball and made a layup. Couldn't stop laughing.

"SEC has a $0 exit fee ACC has a $50 million exit fee. I think that tells you all you need to know about the SEC."

"SEC has a $0 exit fee ACC has a $50 million exit fee. I think that tells you all you need to know about the SEC."
yeah he made a bigger ass than usual of himself. I felt awkward for him sitting on my couch.

Mentioned this in the chatroom, but my favorite came with like 4 minutes to go in the first half.

Jimmy, "Michael Carter Williams looks tired, I don't think he's even checked out of the game yet."

This after he just returned to the game after sitting for 10 minutes with 2 fouls.

What's yours?
With about 2.5 to go, "Does Arkansas have a 13 or 14-1 run left in them? Because that is what it will take for them to win". So they teach basic arithmetic down there at least

Funny thread. He was wrong about almost everything he said about either team.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom