What's your favorite Jimmy Dykes moment? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

What's your favorite Jimmy Dykes moment?

I think he said something about putting Cal's balls in his mouth. Basketballs I assumed perhaps.

LOL - what the hell was he talking about?

Dykes: Southerland hasn't put the ball on the floor even once all night!

He also said "first time Southerland's had to bounce the ball all night"...

what is this ing kindergarden?

They need to have a segment on espn that tracks all of Dykes' incredible like they used to do on Around The Horn. That segment would be killer.

84551328.jpg

Im surprised he didnt wear one of these while broadcasting the game

aHR0cDovL2VjeC5pbWFnZXMtYW1hem9uLmNvbS9pbWFnZXMvSS8yMWhuTXRocHZXTC5qcGc=.jpg

"Michael Carter Williams slithers to the goal."

He had everyone slithering into the lane...what's up with that? I don't think I've heard a smooth basketball move described as slithering before, and I know I've never heard about 6 different plays in the same half described that way.
I saw Pearl Washington slither through the defense on numerous occasions.

"40 minutes of heck"

To be fair, that was O'Brien.

I loved the "MCW is Syracuse's only point guard". Board debates aside, Dykes should probably realize that Triche played an entire 30-win season at point.

just got back from watching a bad DePaul team beat a putrid Auburn team, am watching the game off of DVR. About 7 minutes into the game, when speaking of the Arkansas offense:
"...when they find a crack, they're sticking their nose right in there..."

I'm just now watching the recorded game, and my favorite has been mentioned, re: MCW...

"If he had a jump shot he might be a lottery pick in the next draft."

Um, Jimmy, he has a jump shot, and either way, he will STILL be a lottery pick. And also, yes, we are a top 10-12 team. Divided by two.

To be fair...having followed Cal so closely, Dykes would be the authority on what slithering looks like.

One of the funniest threads I've ever read on here. We need to keep this going, every time dykes is calling a game just add his brilliant commentary to this thread.

The mcw lottery pick comment killed me, if only he had a jump shot

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

All gems these dykes lines. My dad and I started keeping count of all the dumb stuff he said.

My favorite was that Syracuse is always a good road team because Jim Boeheim has great demeanor. Yes dykes the team is good on the road because of the coaches demeanor. What an idiot.

Can I enter this one?

2011-11-23_16-43-05_468_medium.jpg

BTW, this was on a Hoya site, accompanied by the text ... "... Jimmy Dykes, the D-List announcer for ESPN2 ..."

Did Jimmy Dykes slither his way down the sidewalk bearing his name, without yielding, on the campus of a school that could leave its conference for free to see a top 10-12 team, that is apparently going to pay $50M to leave the Big East, shoot the lights out (sans dribbling) on his Razorbacks, who didn't have a 14-1 run in them against a team with only one point guard who just might have played all 40 minutes for an unflappable head coach?

That tells you all you need to know.

Better was when he went on to say "The SEC exit fee is $0 what does that tell you?" It tells me he needs to be punched in the face.

My vote for POST OF THE NIGHT

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom