When do we get the "rank the players" thread ? | Syracusefan.com

When do we get the "rank the players" thread ?

IthacaMatt

Old Timer / Unofficial Contributor for 25+ years
I missed it last week.

I will repost when the official one is started, but don't want to miss it.

Mine:

1. James Southerland
2. Michael Carter-Williams
3. Brandon Triche
4. C. J. Fair
5. Rakeem Christmas
6. Baye Keita
7. Dajuan Coleman
8. Jerami Grant
9. Trevor Cooney

That's not saying any of these guys are any less than the others. Trevor has to get it going, but he's got plenty of time for that. Coleman could become our best big man, and he is making fast progress. Christmas has really made strides from the beginning of the season. I feel like he has become our enforcer, to an extent. Keita is playing well, too, and the smart offense continues, along with the hustle, the defense and the blocks. Our 3 centers all have different looks and all are very good.

Southerland has the potential to be this year's team's break-out star. He's the guy who can carry us to a Final Four, because he's got the athleticism, and he's got the dead eye shooting ability. The way the rest of his game is coming together is wonderful to see.

The one game Triche really tried to force it (after the really good game he had) showed the formula for success - Brandon has to let the game come to him, and Dirty is going to be the one who provides the emotional charged runs, like Dion did last year, or like Shumpert used to do back in old days. Man, that guy could get hot, and then he would be blowing kisses to his girlfriend in the stands. One cool character. I could see James being that guy. Liked what I saw from Grant again, too.

Fair had an off-game, but is like Triche, an ultra-dependable guy who we could not win without. Does so many fundamental things well, and provides us with leadership and experience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom