When was our last home buzzer-beater win? | Syracusefan.com

When was our last home buzzer-beater win?

Eric15

Living Legend
Has there been one since Pearl's half-court shot? There has to be one I'm missing.

Didn't Terrance Roberts have one to beat Rutgers? And didn't Jonny Flynn have one in his freshman season in his second game?

Conrad had one I believe. I don't think that was home though, at Providence maybe.

Didn't Terrance Roberts have one to beat Rutgers? And didn't Jonny Flynn have one in his freshman season in his second game?
Roberts was in the RAC and Flynn did it against st. Joes in 08

The Roberts shot was in the Dome.

The Flynn shot came very late in the game, but I don't know if it actually beat the buzzer. I'm thinking last ten seconds or so. I could be wrong.

The Roberts shot was in the Dome.

The Flynn shot came very late in the game, but I don't know if it actually beat the buzzer. I'm thinking last ten seconds or so. I could be wrong.
5.4 seconds left

Roberts was @ SU, but against Rutgers. Quincy Douby went off that game.

I really think Pearl's half-court shot is the answer - can't think of any others.

Theyr are right terrence was at home at the buzzer.
Yeah, Terrance at the Dome. G-mac was hurt the whole second half, Josh Wright was running the point.

I think TRob's was actually the most recent buzzer beater winning shot for SU in the Dome. Jeremy McNeil had his put-back against Pitt in 03, but there were still :06 on the clock. GMac had another against ND that same season, but ND still had time for a possession and the win. The infamous Hak toss to the Dome ceiling with :05 left.

TRob's is the only that fits into true buzzer beater category, I think. On the other hand, we've had plenty against us through the years. Charles Smith (GTown), David Rivers, that dude from Cleveland State, etc.

Im to lazy to look it up, I seem to remember the Roberts shot sending it to OT not for the win. I could be wrong though, I remember the shot like it was yesterday, just cant remember if it was for the win or tie.

Theyr are right terrence was at home at the buzzer.

According to the play-by-play of the game (and how I remember it, as well), Roberts shot was with a few seconds left and Quincy Douby had one last desperate attempt at the buzzer.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/playbyplay?gameId=260320183

Because after he hit the shot (if you remember) he back-pedaled to play defense with his hands on his head half-celebrating. The game wasn't over yet.

didn't laz sims hit 1 in 96 to put it in OT... maybe vs Nova?

i distinctly remember gmac hitting a buzzer beater against Ga Tech in 2003.

I think it put us up about 32 at the half. that counts right?!

According to the play-by-play of the game (and how I remember it, as well), Roberts shot was with a few seconds left and Quincy Douby had one last desperate attempt at the buzzer.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/playbyplay?gameId=260320183

Because after he hit the shot (if you remember) he back-pedaled to play defense with his hands on his head half-celebrating. The game wasn't over yet.
That's right. I just read the headline saying t rob buzzer beater. Where is the journalistic integrity? Gd liars.

Devo was 0.001 seconds from the greatest buzzer beater of all time yet I'm so glad it didn't count.

And as we all know, MSG = home games.

If memory serves didn't Moten have a buzzer beater against Villanova in '95 at home? I seem to remember Steve Lavin having a comical reaction as Moten drilled the game winner.

Edit: finally found the article online - he hit the shot with 6 seconds left so not applicable

Devo was 0.001 seconds from the greatest buzzer beater of all time and I'm so glad it didn't count.

And as we all know, MSG = home games.

Ah i was about to make a post referencing the Gmac shot in 06 vs Cincy at the BET with the same MSG=home game reference.

Yeah, Terrance at the Dome. G-mac was hurt the whole second half, Josh Wright was running the point.

I remember Josh Wright running the point...not a good memory at all. He just was not a division 1-level talent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom