When was our last home buzzer-beater win? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

When was our last home buzzer-beater win?

Flynn's shot against Siena in his freshman year was in the final seconds for the win.

If memory serves didn't Moten have a buzzer beater against Villanova in '95 at home? I seem to remember Steve Lavin having a comical reaction as Moten drilled the game winner.

Edit: finally found the article online - he hit the shot with 6 seconds left so not applicable

Lappas?

Got to be Roberts in overtime over Rutgers in 2006.*

Allen Griffin had a very late shot to beat Seton Hall in 2001. Not sure if it actually beat the buzzer or came with a couple seconds left. But it was exciting.

*Edit - not actually a buzzer-beater, I guess.

i distinctly remember gmac hitting a buzzer beater against Ga Tech in 2003.

I think it put us up about 32 at the half. that counts right?!

I think that was against Missouri.

And Sims certainly had one to tie Nova late in 1996. We lost in overtime.

I know now I'm just brainstorming everyone I remember.

I thought you were making a joke about the Verizon Center being our home court.

that Roberts shot...one of the more unlikely game winning shots from deep there's ever been. the classic "no! no! YES!!!" that team was very frustrating. but they did have the run thru NYC...

i distinctly remember gmac hitting a buzzer beater against Ga Tech in 2003.

I think it put us up about 32 at the half. that counts right?!

Gerry had a steal on and inbounds and 1st half buzzer beater against Mizzou in 03 at the Dome.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

I remember Josh Wright running the point...not a good memory at all. He just was not a division 1-level talent.

Ironically, that was arguably Josh's best game ever. He had 14 pts and 5 assists in 34 min with GMac out.

So, after reading thru all the responses is it really Pearls shot that was the last "time expiring" winning dome shot? Wow

Roberts banked in that shot if I remember correctly.

Roberts banked in that shot if I remember correctly.
Correct. I remember it being ironic cuz of lamanzanna's bank against us in the RAC

This could very well be only in my head cause of the amount of stress associated with it, but it feels like our opponents have the last shot to win wayyyyyy more than we do. Also might have to do with us just flat out dominating.

the last buzzer at the dome I remember was that dude hitting the 75 footer against us. Thankfully both the name of the team and player now escape me. I know one of you folks will post it.

And BKnight's near miracle in the triple court storming game Melo's year.

And FYI, TRob's wasn't a bank. NBN.

the last buzzer at the dome I remember was that dude hitting the 75 footer against us. Thankfully both the name of the team and player now escape me. I know one of you folks will post it.

And BKnight's near miracle in the triple court storming game Melo's year.

And FYI, TRob's wasn't a bank. NBN.
Cleveland State... Ouch!

Gerry had a steal on and inbounds and 1st half buzzer beater against Mizzou in 03 at the Dome.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

I am 99.999999% sure he did the same thing vs Ga Tech.

I know it wasn't Home, but Ryan Blackwell's game winner at MSG was pretty spectacular.

When was our last home buzzer-beater win?

Has there been one since Pearl's half-court shot? There has to be one I'm missing.

I do believe Pearl's was the last but I'm not 100% sure.

Has there been one since Pearl's half-court shot? There has to be one I'm missing.
Depending upon definitions, Pearl's shot may not count. The score was tied when he shot, so even if the shot doesn't go in, we don't lose, just play OT. I like to think of such a shot as one that turns a loss into a win, ala Drew for Valpo in the NCAA's.

I thought maybe KJo last year vs Gtown but it just felt like one. Tie game and he banged in a 3 with :29 left. Scoop got the steal to seal it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Depending upon definitions, Pearl's shot may not count. The score was tied when he shot, so even if the shot doesn't go in, we don't lose, just play OT. I like to think of such a shot as one that turns a loss into a win, ala Drew for Valpo in the NCAA's.
Wow, the mystery deepens. There may not be a dome instance EVER where Syracuse hit a time expiring basket to win the game when trailing. Unreal.

I would say Pearl's shot fits the definition. SU won it on his made basket with no time left, just like Valpo on Drew's basket - two WINNING shots. I would agree it's more dramatic and emotional to win a la Drew's shot because of the immediate either/or win/loss factor but Pearl's was still a winner.

ive seen trob's shot only 1 time, on a sportscenter highlight the night of the game. that game wasnt on tv in the nyc area. it was from the top of the key right?

ive seen trob's shot only 1 time, on a sportscenter highlight the night of the game. that game wasnt on tv in the nyc area. it was from the top of the key right?

Yes. The crowd gasped (per usual on his shots outside of 1ft) and then went nuts.

He was then awarded a mink coat in the locker room by his mom. Can you say 30 for 30 broke?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom