When was our last preseason tourney loss? | Syracusefan.com

When was our last preseason tourney loss?

Eric15

Living Legend
I did a scan in my brain and the last preseason tourney loss I can think of was the championship game of that Puerto Rico tourney in 1997 when Michigan destroyed us.

Has there been one since then that I'm just blanking on? Has it really been 16 years?

SU lost to Florida at MSG a few years ago, after whipping Bob Knight and Texas Tech.

SU lost to Florida at MSG a few years ago, after whipping Bob Knight and Texas Tech.

You're right - forgot that one. I watched that game in my South Bend hotel the day before we played Notre Dame in football.

Was 2005 I think. It was the first year of their back-to-back NC run. I was actually at that game.

I'm thinking Ohio State in the Preseason NIT. Thanksgiving weekend 2007, no? Donte and company were no match for Kosta Koufas.

I did a scan in my brain and the last preseason tourney loss I can think of was the championship game of that Puerto Rico tourney in 1997 when Michigan destroyed us.

Has there been one since then that I'm just blanking on? Has it really been 16 years?
Did you just jinx us?

You fother mucker.

Championship season we lost to Memphis wasn't that the pre-season NIT or sumpin :noidea:

I'm thinking Ohio State in the Preseason NIT. Thanksgiving weekend 2007, no? Donte and company were no match for Kosta Koufas.
I was at my uncles house in beantown gearing up for t-gives and nearly lost it. I wanted to punch kostas koufus in his mother pimply face... eventually, I got over it.

Man, I give myself an F for starting this thread. Not sure how I forgot this game also.

I remember Donte banking in a three on our first possession, and then it was horribly down hill.

Don't beat yourself up too much...a miserable game in a miserable, foregettable season.

i was there. that game suuuuucked

The worst part about it for me is that my wife is an OSU grad [along with several other members of her family]. That game succcked, to say the least.

Almost as bad as our 2012 NCAA tournament loss to the suckeyes--still a sore subject in our household.

Wow, that was miserable. I was also at that game and forgot about it.

You're right - forgot that one. I watched that game in my South Bend hotel the day before we played Notre Dame in football.

The rest of us were down the road at Buffalo Wild Wings.

i was there. that game suuuuucked

That game was awful. We were so over matched by a mediocre OSU. Depressing in general. Though I had some fun by purposely trolling the OSU fans in front of me and completely blaming the refs. Yelling for a foul every 5 seconds. Could tell they were getting annoyed.

Finally told them I was joking before the end of the game and had a nice chat.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom