When was the last time? | Syracusefan.com

When was the last time?

Yeah, this was a nice win especially how they played better in the 2H. Still, SCSt lost to South Carolina by 40. They seemed pretty quick, scrappy, and fearless though.

We gotta keep working on getting some kind of post production. Coleman's moves look really good as long as he isn't bringing the ball down, ugh. He has a nice left hand!

Love TT. He has a quiet but nasty streak. Love his pace and touch. That dunk was a nice facial. He's almost like a poor man's Chris Webber the more I watch him.

Lydon looks great. Rebounded with authority. Total team win.

Imagine if JB didn't take mercy on this team and press most if the 1st half and 8min in the second half. This game was over after our first two defensive positions. A heave at the buzzer that went and a shot clock violation. If we zoned all 40min I doubt they score 45 points. This team was very bad.

I'm glad that JB tinkered around with the line-ups, worked in the press and got Chukwu a lot if run. That Franky/Johny backcourt looked great.

Imagine if JB didn't take mercy on this team and press most if the 1st half and 8min in the second half. This game was over after our first two defensive positions. A heave at the buzzer that went and a shot clock violation. If we zoned all 40min I doubt they score 45 points. This team was very bad.

I'm glad that JB tinkered around with the line-ups, worked in the press and got Chukwu a lot if run. That Franky/Johny backcourt looked great.

I agree, I could tell at 6 to 3 that they had absolutely no hope. We turned it over like crazy in the first half. If we didn't do that, they don't break 40.

I'm not saying anything profound here, but what makes this team potentially so great is that we are completely non-reliant on one player having a great game for the team to succeed.

Last year, if Cooney or Mal had one of their 2-14 games, we would almost certainly lose because the firepower on the roster simply didn't exist. This year is just a totally different ballgame.

I'm not saying anything profound here, but what makes this team potentially so great is that we are completely non-reliant on one player having a great game for the team to succeed.

Last year, if Cooney or Mal had one of their 2-14 games, we would almost certainly lose because the firepower on the roster simply didn't exist. This year is just a totally different ballgame.

During our championship run every night a player would step up and be sensational. Anthony was great throughout but every night someone else would step up and be the man.

During our championship run every night a player would step up and be sensational. Anthony was great throughout but every night someone else would step up and be the man.

I'd love to see a graph involving the number of game high scorers per year. I bet there's a strong correlation between that and strong seasons; I remember announcers gushing over how many game high scorers we had in 1999-2000, when any one of a number of players (maybe 8 guys?) could step up and score points on a given night.

I saw it happen once down here at the Prudential Center vs The Hall (3/5/08). And all 3 were double-figure rebounders---Greene (19/13), Onuaku (17/14), and Ongenaet (10/11).
Kong was a double double machine. Legend!

bumping this thread from a year ago today (not anything against this thread in particular - there were many similar and I believe I participated in some) just to make the point that a bit of enthusiasm-tempering would probably serve people well.

There is reason to be cautiously optimistic about this team - battle is great, the pieces seem to fit abnormally well, the defense looks good. But a year ago people were gaga over last years team and had reasons for that too (lots of offensive options! Great shooters! Tons of college experience!)

bumping this thread from a year ago today (not anything against this thread in particular - there were many similar and I believe I participated in some) just to make the point that a bit of enthusiasm-tempering would probably serve people well.

There is reason to be cautiously optimistic about this team - battle is great, the pieces seem to fit abnormally well, the defense looks good. But a year ago people were gaga over last years team and had reasons for that too (lots of offensive options! Great shooters! Tons of college experience!)
I disagree. This is the time of year where hope springs eternal and we are winning the whole thing. If you want realism just wait for conference play. I kid I kid. This thread is painful though.

I don't disagree with you, but it is encouraging that this team doesn't appear to have a problem with the two main issues that plagued last years team: the lack of cohesiveness in the early part of the season (which was masked by the offensive firepower) and the lack of a true center.

I guess we will know better in the very near future. Until then, I choose to be borderline ecstatic that I haven't already written them off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom