when will we get that Electric kid again | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

when will we get that Electric kid again

This thread is frustratingly short-sighted. Taj Harris set a record for freshman receptions and receiving yards, Jarveon Howard had seven touchdowns last season, Andre Cisco was an All-American. I'd rather have those players than anyone on WMU. What the hell are we even talking about?!?!

Did we watch the same game yesterday?

The RB was a beast. The WR was a beast. Both would start for us. I have no doubt about that.

Did we watch the same game yesterday?

The RB was a beast. The WR was a beast. Both would start for us. I have no doubt about that.

Yeah . . . . they're both seniors. I wouldn't trade any of our sophomores for them. Also, their offense greatly benefited by the absence two of our best players in the secondary.

I think in terms of electric, you're talking about game-breaking speed and burst. I think Jawhar could fit that role, but he's not even like Bellamy from WMU. That dude is a blazer and has size. Not sure how someone like that ends up at WMU, or Eskridge. Both those guys would THRIVE in this offense.

Ishmael was a very good WR, but certainly not electric. Erv and Estime were the closest to being electric since Dino has been here.

Dungey has been the most exciting player I've ever watched at Syracuse. Even moreso than McNabb and I idolized him growing up.

Yeah . . . . they're both seniors. I wouldn't trade any of our sophomores for them. Also, their offense greatly benefited by the absence two of our best players in the secondary.

If Howard or Harris are that good as seniors, I'll be extremely happy.

Dungey was pretty friggin electric. But I get what you are saying.

We’re getting there slowly but surely. Let’s not forgot how down trodden this program was.
am I the only person that remembers that dungey got hurt his first 3 years (on way to 4-8 records) and then also go hurt during his magic 9-3 year? tommy bailed him out in the UNC and FSU games, and then we got trashed by ND. I just don't understand the deifying of dungey.

I had high hopes that Ed Hendrix was gonna be this guy. I mean the guy’s nickname is the “cheat code” ... I really feel for him because he had the makeup of being something special before injuries and chose SU over some real powerhouses ... get well soon EH

If Howard or Harris are that good as seniors, I'll be extremely happy.

They seem well on their way. Ricci at WMU had fewer receptions and yards—and the same number of TDs— as Harris last season.

They seem well on their way. Ricci at WMU had fewer receptions and yards—and the same number of TDs— as Harris last season.

I don't think anyone named Ricci as one of these guys.

Bellamy & Eskridge would start immediately for our team. And would have started immediately last year for our team. Eskridge had 9,000 yards in our game last year and would have had 10,000 this year if he didn't get hurt.

Bellamy & Eskridge would start immediately for our team. And would have started immediately last year for our team. Eskridge had 9,000 yards in our game last year and would have had 10,000 this year if he didn't get hurt.

Eskridge would have had a quarter of those yards if our secondary had been full strength. It's football; injuries happen. They happened to us, and they happened to them.

Eskridge would have had a quarter of those yards if our secondary had been full strength. It's football; injuries happen. They happened to us, and they happened to them.

Last year he had 240 yards against us. How many guys were injured in the first game of the year?

I honestly don't think Bellamy is guaranteed to start on our team. I think he'd play on our team; but he would have to earn a starting spot. The grass isn't always greener.

Last year he had 240 yards against us. How many guys were injured in the first game of the year?
Well Iffy didn't play, Cisco had the first game of his All-American season, and most of those yards came in what was essentially garbage time when we were up by 30. Do you think maybe we're being a bit histrionic?

Bellamy and Eskridge are legit, lets not be silly.

I'm not saying that they aren't legit; I think they'll both get drafted in the middle rounds. I'm just saying that they wouldn't be the best players on our team by a damnsight. They might not even be the best players at their respective positions.

Well Iffy didn't play, Cisco had the first game of his All-American season, and most of those yards came in what was essentially garbage time when we were up by 30. Do you think maybe we're being a bit histrionic?

Is this the hill you're going to die on? These two guys are really good and would start for us. Would you like me to make a poll to see what others think?

This is a good question.

Dungey qualifies, IMO. Dude made plays and kept us in games that we should not have been in. Miami on the road, Clemson at home come to mind.

Prior to that... Mike Williams was pretty damn good. 4th Round Pick, Runner Up NFL Rookie of the Year. Had a ton of issues but he was really good. And was one of "those guys".

There's a reason we haven't had many NFL draft picks over the last 20 years. And the majority of them have been on the defensive side.
Miami is a weird game to call out for Dungey.

I'm not saying that they aren't legit; I think they'll both get drafted in the middle rounds. I'm just saying that they wouldn't be the best players on our team by a damnsight. They might not even be the best players at their respective positions.

OK, if they're drafted in the middle rounds, lets go through the positional analysis for Syracuse.

RB - Adams won't get drafted, too small. Neal won't get drafted, too small. Howard is the clear #3 right now, therefore I doubt he's better than the other two and won't get drafted.

WR - Jackson has a shot to be drafted but he's skinny so I'm not sure if he is better than a 6th or 7th rounder. Could be wrong. Harris, very skinny and has shown inconsistency this year. Still time for him to grow but the lack of bulk will hurt him mightily. Riley, no way. N. Johnson, no way. At this point, if the other guys were better than these four, they'd be playing right? Therefore unless the Canadian kid or the true freshman Jackson are just learning the playbook and are legit, I'll venture a guess and say none or in the neighborhood of Eskridge.

OK, if they're drafted in the middle rounds, lets go through the positional analysis for Syracuse.

RB - Adams won't get drafted, too small. Neal won't get drafted, too small. Howard is the clear #3 right now, therefore I doubt he's better than the other two and won't get drafted.

WR - Jackson has a shot to be drafted but he's skinny so I'm not sure if he is better than a 6th or 7th rounder. Could be wrong. Harris, very skinny and has shown inconsistency this year. Still time for him to grow but the lack of bulk will hurt him mightily. Riley, no way. N. Johnson, no way. At this point, if the other guys were better than these four, they'd be playing right? Therefore unless the Canadian kid or the true freshman Jackson are just learning the playbook and are legit, I'll venture a guess and say none or in the neighborhood of Eskridge.
You think the reason why our RBs wouldn't get drafted is their size?

What’s a football ops center?
Will have all the offices for coaches, recruiting staff, etc. Will host all the recruits that come up for visits.

\\

First, Jackson isn't that skinny. He's 6'1'' 191 as a junior. If he makes it to 200lbs he'd be more than fine. Harris is a sophomore and—this bears repeating in case we forgot—SET THE FRESHMAN RECORD FOR RECEPTIONS AND RECEIVING YARDS. Riley could end up in the NFL because of his special teams skills, but probably won't get drafted. The fact is, most of our skill position players have plenty of time to develop.

Also, Abdul Adams isn't that small . . . what are you talking about?

Start with an amorphous descriptor, dont attach actual stats to it, stare lovingly at the grass on the other side...

Trishton is off to a great start. Like only behind AET in his first 4 games in the last 20 years here.

Eskridge last year, had 3 TDS all year, 1 behind Trishton’s total after 4 games. And he plays in the MAC.

What about Bellamy? Moe Neal had 1 less TD last year, and on about 50 less carries.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom