when will we get that Electric kid again | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

when will we get that Electric kid again

Is this the hill you're going to die on? These two guys are really good and would start for us. Would you like me to make a poll to see what others think?

I want no part of a post WMU—grass is always greener—pity party position poll. Also, alliteration for the win!

We dont have any Electric players on offense this year that will play. Alton is pretty special on D and The Hof is amazing.
By all accounts Jordan has "it".
Possibly Courtney.

OK, if they're drafted in the middle rounds, lets go through the positional analysis for Syracuse.

RB - Adams won't get drafted, too small. Neal won't get drafted, too small. Howard is the clear #3 right now, therefore I doubt he's better than the other two and won't get drafted.

WR - Jackson has a shot to be drafted but he's skinny so I'm not sure if he is better than a 6th or 7th rounder. Could be wrong. Harris, very skinny and has shown inconsistency this year. Still time for him to grow but the lack of bulk will hurt him mightily. Riley, no way. N. Johnson, no way. At this point, if the other guys were better than these four, they'd be playing right? Therefore unless the Canadian kid or the true freshman Jackson are just learning the playbook and are legit, I'll venture a guess and say none or in the neighborhood of Eskridge.

You might want to check Eskridge’s stats before you go to far into this argument. He’s the starting CB on a MAC team.

Harrison was electric and did it in the pros. Qadry did it in the pros. KJ had his moments in the pros.

AET had a nice straightline burst and size but he didnt really do electric things. Mike Williams might have done it but had other issues.

The last RB we had that really made people miss? Before Mungro and Before Carter got hurt? and they wernt run away from you guys. Someone like Malcom thomas?

A guy like Drummond would be great in this offense power and speed a michael owens. We dont need elite but we need someone who can do more than wiggle in a hole for a extra yd sometimes.

BC has has multiple pretty high end RBs since we had one. Imagine if we had that Wake kid that has killed for 4 yrs in this style of offense. But thats not an electric RB

a Barkley type with speed and power running with 6 in the box wouldnt be stopped.

\\

First, Jackson isn't that skinny. He's 6'1'' 191 as a junior. If he makes it to 200lbs he'd be more than fine. Harris is a sophomore and—this bears repeating in case we forgot—SET THE FRESHMAN RECORD FOR RECEPTIONS AND RECEIVING YARDS. Riley could end up in the NFL because of his special teams skills, but probably won't get drafted. The fact is, most of our skill position players have plenty of time to develop.

Also, Abdul Adams isn't that small . . . what are you talking about?
Adams isn't small for his position at all.

Harrison was electric and did it in the pros. Qadry did it in the pros. KJ had his moments in the pros.

AET had a nice straightline burst and size but he didnt really do electric things. Mike Williams might have done it but had other issues.

The last RB we had that really made people miss? Before Mungro and Before Carter got hurt? and they wernt run away from you guys. Someone like Malcom thomas?

A guy like Drummond would be great in this offense power and speed a michael owens. We dont need elite but we need someone who can do more than wiggle in a hole for a extra yd sometimes.

BC has has multiple pretty high end RBs since we had one. Imagine if we had that Wake kid that has killed for 4 yrs in this style of offense. But thats not an electric RB

a Barkley type with speed and power running with 6 in the box wouldnt be stopped.

You’re going to have to get better at defining “electric.” Is it shorthand for NFL player?

I think Robinson is electric and wouldn't trade him for anybody on WMU's offense. The secondary as a whole is electric on their good days.
Brisly Estime as a punt returner was, dare I say it, electric!

guys like Quadry or KJ , can you imagine Joe Morris in this offense spread out?

Ish and Erv were high end solid guys but not electric

its like wondering how the Chiefs can lose 2 super high end playmakers the last couple yrs and now have 3-4 more that just run by pro DBs.

when was the last RB we had that turned a corner on a poorly blocked play?
I agree and it's why our per play hasn't been great in years

Dino has turned the program around in almost every facet, the last area that I truly think we need to vastly improve on is recruiting and start hauling in the "electric" and 4* kids!

just give Otto Zaccardo the ball and get the hell out of the way
Noticed he wasn’t dressed on Saturday. Most have gotten injured in the Clemson game

who is the last guy we had who you were 100% confident wasn't going to get caught from behind?

They are both good players for sure. Hope they are able to play again sometime this season.

I hear what you are saying though. We have some very good WRs but none with outstanding speed. Our RBs all have good speed but not elite speed. Except for Jordan.

Didn't Sean Riley finish second in the country in punt returns last season?

That ain't bad.

This is a good question.

Dungey qualifies, IMO. Dude made plays and kept us in games that we should not have been in. Miami on the road, Clemson at home come to mind.

Agree about Mike Williams. And Dungey generally, except I'm not sure why you single out the Miami game when he kept throwing the ball to the other team and arguably kept Miami in a game they otherwise should not have been in. Hands-down, that was Dungey's worst game in his last two years here.

Agree about Mike Williams. And Dungey generally, except I'm not sure why you single out the Miami game when he kept throwing the ball to the other team and arguably kept Miami in a game they otherwise should not have been in. Hands-down, that was Dungey's worst game in his last two years here.

Passing wise, yes. But some of the runs he had against the #8 team in the country, on the road, were the reason we were in the game.

Probably could have picked a better game in retrospect but I'll own it.

Walter Reyes may not have been the cut on a dime make people miss guy, but he could get around the outside and no one could catch him. Notre Dame is still chasing him. One of the fastest running backs we've ever had.

Walter Reyes may not have been the cut on a dime make people miss guy, but he could get around the outside and no one could catch him. Notre Dame is still chasing him. One of the fastest running backs we've ever had.
i can live with big bowling ball running backs eating up free yards without breaking loose but this offense should have some burner WRs, hope we get there

He’s having some subtle growing pains but I’m VERY surprised Trill Williams isnt being mentioned.

The man to man int grab last year and this years FF vs Liberty is the definition of electric. He may end up being our best player this decade if we can just figure out the right combination in our backfield and gain more consistency at LB.

I think people are sleeping on Trishton Jackson.

Over the first 4 games: Player Game Finder Query Results | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

In the last 19 years there's not been one WR who's averaged over 18 yds per catch with 4 TD over their first four games at Syracuse. AET had 12 TD in one season here and averaged 15.77 yds per catch, so Jackson will have to pick up the pace slightly to catch him. Erv, who keeps getting mentioned - had 6 TD in 2016, and 4 in 2017. His average per catch was 10.16 yds per catch.

Now, just over 15yds per catch and over 3 TD in a season: Player Game Finder Query Results | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

that slant and go catch was the first in a long time that looked like a WR we had, had some burst and wiggle.. Harris shows glimpses of it..

I think it also hurts that our WR all are a bit slight.

I think Jawhar could fit that role, but he's not even like Bellamy from WMU. That dude is a blazer and has size.

Bellamy is fast for sure. But he's smaller than Moe Neal.