when will we get that Electric kid again | Syracusefan.com

when will we get that Electric kid again

Who was our last true electric guy. Like pure playmaker? Custis and Ish were good but they weren’t real knock your socks off threats.

Jordan, Howard, Courtney all pretty electric from what limited I’ve seen

We lack real ACC level 1s at RB and WR. We have had a good RB since DC3 IMO. A bunch of decent kids but not a top guy. AET was the last guy at WR.

Was just talking about this after the game yesterday, I was stating how WMU had the most electric players on the field. I mean it just seems like even G5 schools have that one electric kid and we haven’t. Maybe it’s just me?

Was just talking about this after the game yesterday, I was stating how WMU had the most electric players on the field. I mean it just seems like even G5 schools have that one electric kid and we haven’t. Maybe it’s just me?

Jordan may be electric. But, it seems he is not allowed to touch the ball.

We lack real ACC level 1s at RB and WR. We have had a good RB since DC3 IMO. A bunch of decent kids but not a top guy. AET was the last guy at WR.

Senior year Ishmael was pretty darn good.

And Trishton Jackson has shown quite a bit so far at WR.

Honestly, although Dungey had me looking forward to every play, the last truly electric player I can think of was Delone Carter, his freshman year. I was truly surprised whenever he got the ball and didn't score a touchdown. Nothing close to that since.

The huge donation we just got that we build the new football operations center and other improvements are the missing pieces for us to get electric kids on a normal basis, IMO.
What’s a football ops center?

guys like Quadry or KJ , can you imagine Joe Morris in this offense spread out?

Ish and Erv were high end solid guys but not electric

its like wondering how the Chiefs can lose 2 super high end playmakers the last couple yrs and now have 3-4 more that just run by pro DBs.

when was the last RB we had that turned a corner on a poorly blocked play?

guys like Quadry or KJ , can you imagine Joe Morris in this offense spread out?

Ish and Erv were high end solid guys but not electric

its like wondering how the Chiefs can lose 2 super high end playmakers the last couple yrs and now have 3-4 more that just run by pro DBs.

when was the last RB we had that turned a corner on a poorly blocked play?
Guys that when they got the ball, you stood up because there was a chance something miraculous was going to happen. Joe, Marvin, Donavan. Walter, Eric occasionally. Would love to have one of those guys. Only guy on the roster I think can be that guy is TD, given time to deliver. There may be others but if so, they haven't had a chance to show it.

This is a good question.

Dungey qualifies, IMO. Dude made plays and kept us in games that we should not have been in. Miami on the road, Clemson at home come to mind.

Prior to that... Mike Williams was pretty damn good. 4th Round Pick, Runner Up NFL Rookie of the Year. Had a ton of issues but he was really good. And was one of "those guys".

There's a reason we haven't had many NFL draft picks over the last 20 years. And the majority of them have been on the defensive side.

Maybe he’s not far enough up the depth chart to get on the field yet. Unless you think Dino doesn’t want to play his best players.

Coaches get caught up in their own logic. Dino said Hackett wasn't playing because he couldn't block. Sometimes you have to script a play for a dynamic player even if he isn't everything you want him to be.

Dungey was elite
AET was elite
Alton Robinson elite

I think Cisco has potential to be really really good/ elite

This thread is frustratingly short-sighted. Taj Harris set a record for freshman receptions and receiving yards, Jarveon Howard had seven touchdowns last season, Andre Cisco was an All-American. I'd rather have those players than anyone on WMU. What the hell are we even talking about?!?!