When your playing 3 on 5 offensively it will catch up with us some nights | Syracusefan.com

When your playing 3 on 5 offensively it will catch up with us some nights

Alsacs

Living Legend
We can't complain when we struggle. This team has very little margin for error and when the opponent hits shots we can't do anything but tip our cap. The defense needs a little more energy but our guys are playing a lot of minutes so I get some nights on the road its hard.

We really need Joseph/Roberson/Patterson to get experience for the future. BTW Rak is such a warrior and beastmode this year.

We can't complain when we struggle. This team has very little margin for error and when the opponent hits shots we can't do anything but tip our cap. The defense needs a little more energy but our guys are playing a lot of minutes so I get some nights on the road its hard.

We really need Joseph/Roberson/Patterson to get experience for the future. BTW Rak is such a warrior and beastmode this year.

Its too bad that it didn't happen sooner for rak.

Briancuse said:
Its too bad that it didn't happen sooner for rak.

He's been like this all year.

I meant last year or the year before.

I thought Rak looked very good with limited opportunities last year. For some reason he was still being yo-yo'd in and out of the lineup for BMK. I really think that approach had a negative impact on his confidence. His Frosh, and Soph years he was still pretty limited, but I think we could have saw much different results if he was utilized.

Bingo on the 3 vs 5 ... they are not bothering to cover Joseph or Roberson. The 2 extra defenders are packing it in to take the lane away and make things difficult for Rak. Then you have Joseph passing up wide open 21 foot 3 pointers for contested 18 foot 2 pointers when down 20.

I think Patterson is the closest to making the jump, I'd go with him from here on out and give him the green light and hope he gains the confidence to knock em down.

It looked like we were playing short handed on the defensive glass for much of the game.

G is an aggressive rebounder for his size, but he's only 6'6". He's no match for legitimate forwards with strength and a nose for the ball. I think he was the crux of our problem (not entirely his fault) along with Rak whose lack of intensity on the glass/defense was probably because he knew he'd play 40 minutes and had to avoid fouls.

It looked like we were playing short handed on the defensive glass for much of the game.

Gbinije looked out of his element on the defensive boards for the first time this year.

This compounded the problem of his continued inconsistent offensive play.

Gbinije looked out of his element on the defensive boards for the first time this year.

This compounded the problem of his continued inconsistent offensive play.

It's the primary reason we've been getting killed on the boards the last couple of games. He's too small to play the 3 defensively.

Alsacs said:
We can't complain when we struggle. This team has very little margin for error and when the opponent hits shots we can't do anything but tip our cap. The defense needs a little more energy but our guys are playing a lot of minutes so I get some nights on the road its hard. We really need Joseph/Roberson/Patterson to get experience for the future. BTW Rak is such a warrior and beastmode this year.

All true

Enjoy the season

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom