Where are all the One and Dones? | Syracusefan.com

Where are all the One and Dones?

At least UK showed they were a better AAU style team than KU. UK actually had some chemistry and some big game players.

Anyway, back to "wash, rinse, repeat" on the recruiting trail...

Like others have said, Kentucky didn't seem to have any real unlikable players this year imho but I still would never cheer for them. Quite a contrasting reaction from Lonzo Ball, who barely made it off the court before he announced he was gone.

hey i'm not gonna blame lonzo ball for his dad's big mouth. but fox ran him out of the gym.

Like others have said, Kentucky didn't seem to have any real unlikable players this year imho but I still would never cheer for them. Quite a contrasting reaction from Lonzo Ball, who barely made it off the court before he announced he was gone.
I would've gladly taken another 2 days of Lavar over another 2 days of Cal though.

too bad you missed the hopkins and edwards show. altho not exactly a one and done as the thread suggests.
one hung around for like 25 some years . and as for chicken head ...

Last edited:
I've given it some thought &, IMHO, they're the best college backcourt tandem I can remember (28 yrs old). Better than Jameer Nelson/Delonte West, Dee Brown/Deron Williams, Wall/Bledsoe, & even Wright/Devendorf.

Those are some good ones especially Brown/Williams since they made it to the title game. Nice calls. Yeah, Fox and Monk are outstanding especially being so young. They don't make many mistakes either which is crazy for 18-19 year olds. That's a good team. They made some real strides when they started playing better defense mid-season on.

Those are some good ones especially Brown/Williams since they made it to the title game. Nice calls. Yeah, Fox and Monk are outstanding especially being so young. They don't make many mistakes either which is crazy for 18-19 year olds. That's a good team. They made some real strides when they started playing better defense mid-season on.
I feel like I'm probably forgetting some from the Big East. Can't count Ray/Foye/Nardi as a tandem. Lawson/Ellington is also on the list.

too bad you missed the hopkins and edwards show. altho not exactly a one and done as the thread suggests.
one hung around for like 25 some years . and as for chicken head ...
Didn't Hop actually supplant Edwards as the starting SG alongside Autry?

I recall watching Earl Watson & Baron Davis at UCLA. Those UCLA-Zona games were must see TV with Davis going against Jason Terry.

I recall watching Earl Watson & Baron Davis at UCLA. Those UCLA-Zona games were must see TV with Davis going against Jason Terry.

In college I had front row seats at USC watching Baron Davis. Nobody really went to the games and we could basically have courtside seats at the old LA Sports Arena. Saw Richard Jefferson, Arenas, etc., up close too. It was pretty dope. Davis was just so explosive and had an NBA body already back then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom