Where are all the One and Dones? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Where are all the One and Dones?

I think one of Mo Peterson's 3's just went through the hoop after he shot it aginst us in 2000... he had so much arc on his shot, they would be in the air forever. Dude was a cold killer though.

18 yo me was convinced that SU team was winning it all or going to the final four at worst after they boatroaced UConn in the dome that year. I hate that we played them in Auburn Hills, and I hate that we lost to Georgetown the week prior which all but guaranteed we were seeded there.

18 yo me was convinced that SU team was winning it all or going to the final four at worst after they boatroaced UConn in the dome that year. I hate that we played them in Auburn Hills, and I hate that we lost to Georgetown the week prior which all but guaranteed we were seeded there.

And we were ahead 40-26 early in the second half, then got out-scored 18-49 the rest of the way.

And we were ahead 40-26 early in the second half, then got out-scored 18-49 the rest of the way.

Yeah. Or to put in another (more painful?) way, it was tied 58-58 with about five to go and they closed on a 17-0 run.

Yeah. Or to put in another (more painful?) way, it was tied 58-58 with about five to go and they closed on a 17-0 run.

That was the real kick in the nuts. It's one thing to cough up a lead, but an opponent usually runs out of gas after making a comeback. Instead they tied it up and then ran away with it.

Honestly, most one-and-dones don't really care that much about the post-season, do they? Why else would guys like Fultz and Ben Simmons ever bother going to Washington and LSU? They're not planning to stay multiple years to help build a foundation. Come March their thoughts are turning towards the draft, workouts, selecting an agent, etc. I'm sure they'd love to make a big run to the FF as the cherry on top, but it's not as devastating to them as it is for, say, a 5th year senior who was the proverbial program guy. When I watched Duke go down in flames, it was apparent that this is not the same level of disappointment for guys like Tatum.

Just another reason to get rid of the OAD rule. Go straight out of high school or stay 2-3 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom