Where are all the One and Dones? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Where are all the One and Dones?

Can't believe I left out Mike Bibby & Miles Simon at 'Zona. Just looked up the stats from their 2 years together on the '97 title team & in '98, highly productive.

To be fair, 99% of D-1 college basketball players are now watching on TV with the rest of us.

To be fair, 99% of D-1 college basketball players are now watching on TV with the rest of us.

Not the point of my OP. Just wanted to point out that you don't need 1 and dones to win the title. There's no freshman that are predicted to go in the first round in this years FF. You can win with program/4 year players.

Not the point of my OP. Just wanted to point out that you don't need 1 and dones to win the title. There's no freshman that are predicted to go in the first round in this years FF. You can win with program/4 year players.
Sure can. It's great when a program can get six McD AAs to stick around to be "program guys". It's not a given, but Zach Collins could still go first round.

It is tough to see Sedee Keita and Chris Silva playing well for SC after seeing them on the SU recruiting radar for so long. But we got Chukwu and Diagne instead. :noidea:

To be honest, I'm not even positive I'd say Monk/Fox was the best backcourt duo this season. Lonzo/Alford is pretty great in their own right. In terms of BPM, the UCLA boys > UK. UK's guys carried more of the scoring load, but I think you could argue Lonzo/Alford were a better backcourt duo. I'm not saying I think UCLA's guys are the better backcourt or are the best of all-time or anything, but I don't think they're far off the Kentucky kids.

Edit: I also agree with the nomination of Shabazz/Boatwright.

To be honest, I'm not even positive I'd say Monk/Fox was the best backcourt duo this season. Lonzo/Alford is pretty great in their own right. In terms of BPM, the UCLA boys > UK. UK's guys carried more of the scoring load, but I think you could argue Lonzo/Alford were a better backcourt duo. I'm not saying I think UCLA's guys are the better backcourt or are the best of all-time or anything, but I don't think they're far off the Kentucky kids.

Edit: I also agree with the nomination of Shabazz/Boatwright.
I interpreted the original comment as referring to an all freshman back court.

Zach Collins was 14th on Chad Ford's most recent top 100, for whatever that's worth. No idea if he's coming out.

Ty Lawson and Danny Green was a pretty good backcourt, to somewhat stay on topic. John Wall and Eric Bledsoe also. if Grant Hill played 2 in college, Hill and Hurley. (Can't remember, I was like 8)

Zach Collins was 14th on Chad Ford's most recent top 100, for whatever that's worth. No idea if he's coming out.

Ty Lawson and Danny Green was a pretty good backcourt, to somewhat stay on topic. John Wall and Eric Bledsoe also. if Grant Hill played 2 in college, Hill and Hurley. (Can't remember, I was like 8)

Speaking of UNC, Felton/McCants was a really special backcourt and those two started together for 3 years of really special play.

I feel like I'm probably forgetting some from the Big East. Can't count Ray/Foye/Nardi as a tandem. Lawson/Ellington is also on the list.

This was their four guard offense! This one was really good! Don't forget Kyle Lowry was in that group as well. Turned out to be the best of the four!

The original comment was comparing them to a bunch of upperclassmen tandems.
This is what tbonezone said:

"give me a backcourt of monk and fox all day any day. even if it is one season."

The "one season" made me think one-and-dones.

This is what tbonezone said:

"give me a backcourt of monk and fox all day any day. even if it is one season."

The "one season" made me think one-and-dones.

Ah, we're referring to different posts. The talks about the best backcourt ever stemmed from this:

I've given it some thought &, IMHO, they're the best college backcourt tandem I can remember (28 yrs old). Better than Jameer Nelson/Delonte West, Dee Brown/Deron Williams, Wall/Bledsoe, & even Wright/Devendorf.

Interesting. I don't have insider and was strictly going off Draft Express who doesn't have him in the first round until next year.

Interesting. I don't have insider and was strictly going off Draft Express who doesn't have him in the first round until next year.

Yeah, DX appears to be assuming he'll return for another year; they have him #11 in next year's draft. They have him at #24 among all draft-eligible prospects.

God, I hate those guys.
I think one of Mo Peterson's 3's just went through the hoop after he shot it aginst us in 2000... he had so much arc on his shot, they would be in the air forever. Dude was a cold killer though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom