Where does Eric Dungey rank all-time among Syracuse football QBs? | Syracusefan.com

Where does Eric Dungey rank all-time among Syracuse football QBs?

I've said this before, and I know everyone thinks it's because of what he had around him, but Graves is higher to me. Runner, passer, 4 years never missed a start, bowl game hero. 3-0, and they weren't easy bowl opponents.

I just can't imagine having him behind Nassib or even Dungey. But at least with the latter, I can certainly understand why freshest gets thought of higher.

My personal top 5, off the top of my head:

1) McNabb
2) Dungey
3) McPherson
4) Nassib
5) Graves
I am close to this, I think I flip-flop Graves and Nassib though.

I am close to this, I think I flip-flop Graves and Nassib though.
Those were the hardest for me to separate. Graves threw a lot of picks and his completion percentage doesn't hold up way over time. But he was fun to watch...

Philcox had a really good senior season but I feel 3 or 4 year starters should get the call over him.

So far, nobody has McPherson at number 1.

He finished 2nd in a rigged Heisman vote that he should have won.
He was the leader of a team that went 11-0-1 and finished ranked #4.

While I recognize that he only had 5,500 passing yards for his career, it was a different game then.

He'll always be my numero uno.

1. McNabb
2. McPherson
3. Graves
4. Dungey
5. Nassib
That’s mine as well.

I was too young for Hurley, but I’d be tempted to put him at 4 and drop everyone a notch.

If Dungey loses his bowl game, flip him and Nassib too.

So far, nobody has McPherson at number 1.

He finished 2nd in a rigged Heisman vote that he should have won.
He was the leader of a team that went 11-0-1 and finished ranked #4.

While I recognize that he only had 5,500 passing yards for his career, it was a different game then.

He'll always be my numero uno.
McPherson had a great senior season and I will believe he deserved the Heisman that year. But the rest of his career wasn't that great. And he probably had the best group of players supporting him of any of these players in 1987.

I think Dungey didn't have a lot supporting him. The OL was pretty good his senior year. Worse before that. No NFL guys. The receivers were okay while he was here but not even one has been drafted by an NFL team, He never had a dominant RB, or even one that gained 1000 yards. The defense hasn't been very good either. Compare the players that surrounded him to the players that surrounded the other guys. Even Ryan Nassib had more to work with.

They are all really good and not much separates them.

1). Mcnabb
2). McPherson
3). Graves
4). Dungey
5). Nassib (BARELY over Hurley)

I just can’t put Dungey over any of the big three because he missed so many games..especially against the toughest teams on our schedule.

If he finishes the season in any of the previous seasons, we likely end up in a bowl.

I like the PS’s list...though I don’t live in a world where Perry Patterson is ranked ahead of RJ or Nunes.

And I would entertain arguments putting Graves at #2 over McPherson.

Last edited:
1). Mcnabb
2). McPherson
3). Graves
4). Dungey
5). Nassib (BARELY over Hurley)

I just can’t put Dungey over any of the big three because he missed so many games..especially against the toughest teams on our schedule.

If he finishes the season in any of the previous seasons, we likely end up in a bowl.

I like the PS’s list...though I don’t live in a world where Perry Patterson is ranked ahead of RJ or Nunes.

Perry Patterson was beyond bizarre, I mean why not Cam Dantley at that point.