where does Estime's punt return rank? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

where does Estime's punt return rank?

I don't remember the situation or whether it was a game changing play, but didn't Harrison once return a punt something like 90+ yards for a touchdown?

Against Minnesota IIRC

Jamel Riddle 2001 was only the first quarter but it was huge getting us on the board in Blacksburg.

Given the stakes, is Estime's the best punt return of all time for SU?

i don't have the memory for this stuff the way the rest of you do
At Auburn in 2002 we had a hard time scoring, but Riddle took one back in the first half, and Reyes busted a huge run up the sideline for about 70-80 and outran the Auburn D. Didn't win the game (3OT thriller) but it was big, took the wind out of a pretty full house in a night game.

I have a Meetup group I run in Richmond, but with the holidays nobody could show up. So...I watched the game with an older friend who likes sports but has no appreciation for my passion of Orangemen football. I said to him prior to Estime's return that the only way we might win is wih a big return, which of course happened. I'm jumping up and down and screaming like a little girl, then realized he's looking at me as if I'm cuckoo. Don't really have a point here, just sharing my experience with you. Am I alone?

I was in the bar at the Crowne Plaza in Syracuse. Said to my friends "it's f***** over" before the punt. Then went to the bathroom and came out to see we were about to score. Then my friends laughed at me and called me an idiot. I'm actually usually pretty positive during games but was just really sad at the way things seemed to unravel at the end there.

Oh well. If me going to the bathroom had anything to do with that return, then I'll take it.

I was in the bar at the Crowne Plaza in Syracuse. Said to my friends "it's f***** over" before the punt. Then went to the bathroom and came out to see we were about to score. Then my friends laughed at me and called me an idiot. I'm actually usually pretty positive during games but was just really sad at the way things seemed to unravel at the end there.

Oh well. If me going to the bathroom had anything to do with that return, then I'll take it.
Let's hope you have learned a lesson.

I was shouting at the TV as well. Once we returned that punt I knew we were winning the game, Hunt running that thing in the end zone was a foregone conclusion.

Estime wins most critical kick return I can ever recall for the 'cuse. DarDar wins style points for running the most total number of yards to get where he needed to go.

I have a Meetup group I run in Richmond, but with the holidays nobody could show up. So...I watched the game with an older friend who likes sports but has no appreciation for my passion of Orangemen football. I said to him prior to Estime's return that the only way we might win is wih a big return, which of course happened. I'm jumping up and down and screaming like a little girl, then realized he's looking at me as if I'm cuckoo. Don't really have a point here, just sharing my experience with you. Am I alone?
Yes you are...no one on this board would do that. Weirdo

I was shouting at the TV as well. Once we returned that punt I knew we were winning the game, Hunt running that thing in the end zone was a foregone conclusion.

Estime wins most critical kick return I can ever recall for the 'cuse. DarDar wins style points for running the most total number of yards to get where he needed to go.
Re the shouting at the TV thing. I've been thinking lately I've gotten too old for all that stuff, reacting like that etc., and after watching the youtube clips of the fans reaction to the AU/Alabama ending was thinking man I'd never do that anymore.

Well wrongo as with that run back I was screaming like a little girl which included jumping up and down putting my cranium through the one of the basement ceiling tiles (which are a tad low) to have it come happily crashing down all over me.

When Hunt rolled in the endzone to clinch it I stomped all up and down crunching the tile into little bits. Was thinking this all would end once I hit my 50's...well maybe it's going to be my 60's instead...

Last edited:
Re the shouting ant the TV thing. I've been thinking lately I've gotten too old for all that stuff, reacting like that etc., and after watching the youtube clips of the fans reaction to the AU/Alabama ending was thinking man I'd never do that anymore.

Well wrongo as with that run back I was screaming like a little girl which included jumping up and down putting my cranium through the one of the basement ceiling tiles (which are a tad low) to have it come happily crashing down all over me.

When Hunt rolled in the endzone to clinch it I stomped all up and down crunching the tile into little bits. Was thinking this all would end once I hit my 50's...well maybe it's going to be my 60's instead...
I'm all over the Internet from 2 crazy NFC Champ games and 2 crazier Super Bowls, thankfully I think they are lost to time. I was in bars for all and I couldn't stop it from getting out there, but anywho...was in my late 30s & early 40s for them, so it's good to know I can likely get by for another 20 years of being an idiot when my teams get it done!!

Jamel Riddle 2001 was only the first quarter but it was huge getting us on the board in Blacksburg.

Given the stakes, is Estime's the best punt return of all time for SU?

i don't have the memory for this stuff the way the rest of you do
Doesn't mean anything. It was *only* the Texas Bowl... ;)

I'm all over the Internet from 2 crazy NFC Champ games and 2 crazier Super Bowls, thankfully I think they are lost to time. I was in bars for all and I couldn't stop it from getting out there, but anywho...was in my late 30s & early 40s for them, so it's good to know I can likely get by for another 20 years of being an idiot when my teams get it done!![/quote
Re the shouting ant the TV thing. I've been thinking lately I've gotten too old for all that stuff, reacting like that etc., and after watching the youtube clips of the fans reaction to the AU/Alabama ending was thinking man I'd never do that anymore.

Great stuff, I was driving the family wagon down to Florida...listening to game on xm, wife watching it on the iPad as I barreled down the road...when estime brought that back I was screaming like a 5 year old girl. Woke up two of my kids, wife was going nuts and all was good. Good stuff

Great stuff, I was driving the family wagon down to Florida...listening to game on xm, wife watching it on the iPad as I barreled down the road...when estime brought that back I was screaming like a 5 year old girl. Woke up two of my kids, wife was going nuts and all was good. Good stuff

Yeah, that's how I listened to the end of the BC game. And woke both wife and son with a scream, a drumroll off the dashboard, and blaring the horn.

Once they woke up and each reacted in their own way to a sudden wake up like that, I let out one of my favorite Anchorman lines, "I immediately regret this decision"

punt returns aren't kickoff returns. of course i remember dar dar and KJ. you boobs

What's even worse is that in your mind, this is the most common definition of the word boobs.

Yeah, that's how I listened to the end of the BC game. And woke both wife and son with a scream, a drumroll off the dashboard, and blaring the horn.

Once they woke up and each reacted in their own way to a sudden wake up like that, I let out one of my favorite Anchorman lines, "I immediately regret this decision"

Exactly... We almost decided to leave the next day but just sucked it up to get done here.

VaSaltine said:

As a season ticket holder to the Lake Erie Monsters AHL team, I get a suite one time per year, and last Friday night was the day.

As soon as the bowl bid was announced, I told the friends coming that this was a Syracuse bowl game party that happened to be at a LEM hockey game.

So it's in between the second and third period, the home team is getting drilled 3-zip at the time in front of a lower bowl sellout (10K+), and most folks are waiting for the game to resume.

It's looking bleak in Texas when Estime fields the punt, and I think the eruption from the suite generated more than its fair share of attention.

No, you are not alone.

Still....nice hops!

Re the shouting at the TV thing. I've been thinking lately I've gotten too old for all that stuff, reacting like that etc., and after watching the youtube clips of the fans reaction to the AU/Alabama ending was thinking man I'd never do that anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom