Where is Francis03, Jake, and others | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Where is Francis03, Jake, and others

I, too, enjoyed his recruiting insights and I also was one who criticized some of his opinions (though, not to the level some did). I think he could help himself by not getting as defensive as he did about some of his opinions/observations. He really hunkered down anytime someone pushed back against the lazy Boeheim narrative. Everyone knows Francis is a legend here, but that doesn't mean he's incapable of having a disagreeable opinion now and then. That shouldn't drive him from the board, though.
I don't think anybody minds differing opinions or viewpoints. I don't want to speak for anyone, but if I knew inside information that was 100 percent fact and I was sharing that with other Cuse fans who didn't have access to the info, and they kept telling me my information was wrong, or when something changed blasted me, I would shy away too. Recruiting is a big game, things can change at a moments notice. People share information to share with fellow fans, not to get blasted if it turns out to be incorrect. Just my two cents. :)

I don't think anybody minds differing opinions or viewpoints. I don't want to speak for anyone, but if I knew inside information that was 100 percent fact and I was sharing that with other Cuse fans who didn't have access to the info, and they kept telling me my information was wrong, or when something changed blasted me, I would shy away too. Recruiting is a big game, things can change at a moments notice. People share information to share with fellow fans, not to get blasted if it turns out to be incorrect. Just my two cents. :)

Agreed. Speaking only from my couple replies to him on the topic, it felt like he was going beyond just saying JB wasn't on the recruiting trail and applied his own inferences on top of that. His opinion on the matter is better informed than most, but it was the presentation of opinion as fact that ruffled my feathers a bit. Either way, Francis is one of the few insiders who consistently provides valuable info and I look forward to his return.

I, too, enjoyed his recruiting insights and I also was one who criticized some of his opinions (though, not to the level some did). I think he could help himself by not getting as defensive as he did about some of his opinions/observations. He really hunkered down anytime someone pushed back against the lazy Boeheim narrative. Everyone knows Francis is a legend here, but that doesn't mean he's incapable of having a disagreeable opinion now and then. That shouldn't drive him from the board, though.
I kinda agree. I saw some of the pushback against his comments, and thought it was mostly just in keeping with what you'd expect in a public forum — until people know who you are, you're probably going to be challenged. Not everyone knows who everyone is here, and even the people who 'are somebody' are sometimes wrong. I wish Francis hadn't taken those posts as seriously as he did. At some point, if you're tuned-in, you kinda just have to present the intel, and have it be a 'take it or leave it' situation, without needing to defend it. When personal insults come into play, that should be the purview of the mods, no?

Yeah don't think a payside would be all that great. Personally, though I'm not that valued of a poster I'd just not pay and hit up Otto's grove and Francis' pods as i already do for free info.

times have changed. but there was a ton of information on the pay board that never became public, outside the scope of the board and much of the negative posting never happened that happens all the time today.

some information really needs an extra layer and sometimes just making people pay to see it is enough to keep it from spreading beyond control

I agree that it did appear he was very thin skinned at times but I am willing to bet that a lot of the posts that made him defensive got deleted so we just see what could like an over reaction.

I also agree that he got pretty down on the staff in recent months which I don't think is always fair but I respected his opinion on that because he clearly has good information. What I didn't like is that he spawned a lot of uninformed staff haters who don't know squat they just parrot his stance. I think they took his opinion and have inflated it to silly proportions where everything the staff does is automatically to be criticized with nothing backing it up. That serves no purpose and those couple posters continue to really sour this place considerably. Oh well.

times have changed. but there was a ton of information on the pay board that never became public, outside the scope of the board and much of the negative posting never happened that happens all the time today.

some information really needs an extra layer and sometimes just making people pay to see it is enough to keep it from spreading beyond control
Yup. It policed itself. It was a true community. Back before Bees got nice and started letting anyone in.

As others have said, Francis was sick of the BS. He laid out what was going on in his latest podcast. All of his podcasts are great, by the way.
Did he leave before or after the "Ether" podcast?

I agree that it did appear he was very thin skinned at times but I am willing to bet that a lot of the posts that made him defensive got deleted so we just see what could like an over reaction.

I also agree that he got pretty down on the staff in recent months which I don't think is always fair but I respected his opinion on that because he clearly has good information. What I didn't like is that he spawned a lot of uninformed staff haters who don't know squat they just parrot his stance. I think they took his opinion and have inflated it to silly proportions where everything the staff does is automatically to be criticized with nothing backing it up. That serves no purpose and those couple posters continue to really sour this place considerably. Oh well.
This. 1000 times, this.

I love this board! But it's not football or basketball time and therefore I rarely check in. I think for many people it's as simple as that. Not for some, I understand, but for many.

Anyway, here comes summer (I hope)! See you on the other side!

This board has evolved into a place where you are not allowed to criticize JB on this side or DB on the football side. To suggest that they are less than perfect is treated by many as high treason. Discussion of differing opinions has eroded into back and forth insulting far too often. It's no surprise that many of the valued posters have at the very least taken a break. I had to take a break during football season, not that I'm one of the insiders that anyone would miss, but it became intolerable.

I've seen "others" posting occasionally.
Yup. Lots of new "others" who seem to post nothing but negativity. When I read some poster talking about how the bball program is a "dumpster fire and we haven't landed decent recruits in years", it tends to strain credulity, not to mention patience.
Its hard to suffer some of the over-the-top fools that have made their appearances lately. JMHO

This board has evolved into a place where you are not allowed to criticize JB on this side or DB on the football side. To suggest that they are less than perfect is treated by many as high treason. Discussion of differing opinions has eroded into back and forth insulting far too often. It's no surprise that many of the valued posters have at the very least taken a break. I had to take a break during football season, not that I'm one of the insiders that anyone would miss, but it became intolerable.
Hyperbole much?

Take a read through either the hoops board or the hoops recruiting board. Then come back with a straight face and tell us again the board has evolved into a place where you are not allowed to criticize JB. Are posters who criticize JB called out or challenged? Of course. It's the internet. They are called opinions. Everyone is entitled to theirs.

But when the disagreements devolve into snark and name-calling, that's where the line is drawn. We can disagree without being disagreeable.

There was an awkward period before Hop left when recruiting looked thin and didn't appear the coaches were making an acceptable effort hence the criticism. I think many who criticized Boeheim then are changing their tune as our recruiting efforts pick up and return to what they've been in the past. I know I feel better especially the efforts with 2018 class

A lot of it is the same old problem. It's not what you say so much as how you say it.

Too many posters have never been able to be critical without being in your face with their remarks. It gets old fast and continued ranting on the same subject with basically the same thoughts is enough to drive anyone away.

To each their own, but I just don't see any of the board drama and negativity that anyone is referring to. It's just a bunch of 18-22 year olds running up and down a court putting a piece of rubber into a basket. And this is the best place on the internet to talk about the group of 18-22 year olds that we happen to like the most. It's not that serious.

Hyperbole much?

Take a read through either the hoops board or the hoops recruiting board. Then come back with a straight face and tell us again the board has evolved into a place where you are not allowed to criticize JB. Are posters who criticize JB called out or challenged? Of course. It's the internet. They are called opinions. Everyone is entitled to theirs.

But when the disagreements devolve into snark and name-calling, that's where the line is drawn. We can disagree without being disagreeable.
The bolder part is exactly as it should be but often is not. It doesn't take l Iong for any criticism of JB to be answered with some version of "so you know more than a hall of fame coach."

I too am new to this board, I get all my info from Social Media and for the most part Syracuse Memes, Otto's Grove, etc. all seem to know their business as much as the pay sites and break news as it happens. I would never pay for info on Syracuse because it's all out there anyways. I love that people are fanatics on here, But Syracuse Basketball goes on and always will regardless of who we have in our uniforms. So everyone doesn't need to be so on edge all the time.

"I want you to be nice...Until it's time to NOT be nice" Dalton (Roadhouse)

The bolder part is exactly as it should be but often is not. It doesn't take l Iong for any criticism of JB to be answered with some version of "so you know more than a hall of fame coach."
that is a common response . . . but it you are unwilling or unable to stand up to such tepid criticism, then that is a "you problem," not a "board problem"

There was an awkward period before Hop left when recruiting looked thin and didn't appear the coaches were making an acceptable effort hence the criticism. I think many who criticized Boeheim then are changing their tune as our recruiting efforts pick up and return to what they've been in the past. I know I feel better especially the efforts with 2018 class
It's more than just the recent stuff on this side with hop or recruiting. Last year on the football side during preseason there were a few posters that just could not allow me to suggest we wouldn't average 40 ppg. Some people that levied criticism on the staff were basically told they weren't fans at times.

The old timers haven't left or reduced their frequency because they're suddenly not fans anymore.

that is a common response . . . but it you are unwilling or unable to stand up to such tepid criticism, then that is a "you problem," not a "board problem"
That's just it. It's not a back and forth of opinions and discussion. It becomes bickering and who can out insult or out sarcasm who. That IS a board problem. People come here to discuss SU sports and have fun doing it. Not to deal with crap after expressing an opinion.

That's just it. It's not a back and forth of opinions and discussion. It becomes bickering and who can out insult or out sarcasm who. That IS a board problem. People come here to discuss SU sports and have fun doing it. Not to deal with crap after expressing an opinion.

both the pro- and anti-Boeheim points of view tend to be repetitive and tedious

but I will say it is my impression that only those criticizing Boeheim argue they should have their say with no response.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom