Where is the "Joseph will be better than Ennis" crowd | Syracusefan.com

Where is the "Joseph will be better than Ennis" crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.

2-3zone

2nd String
I remember last year there was a % of posters on this board that would complain about Ennis "not pushing the ball up the court" "not athletic enough" and then would go on to say how much better Joseph would be "we will run more" "Joseph is a better scorer".

People will say it's early and it is early but when there is no progress being made and yesterday we got to a point where it was better to not have our PG on the floor for almost the entire 2nd half maybe this guy just doesn't have "it" in him.

Just wish that Joseph is better than Ennis crowd would stand up because you were here last year but are no where to be found now

I don't think anybody said that he would be better than Ennis as a complete player. I said it might be what this offense needs running up and down the court, picking up the pace.

I'm not taking the kid out back and shooting him, I know many think that the pg play on this team is the reason for this, but it's not, we have many many other issues. Fwiw, I'd like to see the +\- of yesterday's game and see where Joseph lines up with Patterson.

Did Joseph not go back in defense once or twice and throw up an ill advised three? Sure. Did he turn the ball over on the final possession of the Michigan game? Sure. But he was so solid the first half of the Michigan game that we wouldn't have had a chance if it wasn't for his contributions in the first half. He's not 75% as bad as many of you are making him out to be.

How many of you forget the end of last season, Ennis really wasn't that great towards the end.

I remember last year there was a % of posters on this board that would complain about Ennis "not pushing the ball up the court" "not athletic enough" and then would go on to say how much better Joseph would be "we will run more" "Joseph is a better scorer".

People will say it's early and it is early but when there is no progress being made and yesterday we got to a point where it was better to not have our PG on the floor for almost the entire 2nd half maybe this guy just doesn't have "it" in him.

Just wish that Joseph is better than Ennis crowd would stand up because you were here last year but are no where to be found now
I'm sure the number was small but what is the point of your post? People on a message board were wrong? That happens every day here and on every other message board. I bet every once in a while you are wrong. Do you come here and say hey, I was wrong about such and such? Of course not. The whole board would be one big apology

2-3 zone, the more I think about it, can you imagine the one ups menship here with people apoligizing? Yeah, you were wrong about that but I was was more wrong with...

I thought Joseph would be a better fit for this team. He's still learning. It happens.

Really? Eight games into his freshman year and you are entertaining the thought that "maybe this guy [Joseph] just doesn't have 'it' in him' to be a successful point guard. At least there is no rush to judgement. This was never the plan- to have him come in and assume the starting PG freshman year. You had a one-off situation with Ennis last year that permitted him to jump to the NBA after a one and done. Joseph was supposed to get at least a year to mature and learn his role behind TE. That he is being thrown into the bright lights before he is ready and making some ugly mistakes is not that surprising. Just one of the ripple effects of what one and done is doing to CBB. I'm not happy about a lot of things, but I am not even close to writing Joseph off.

There are some really stupid posts that are made after losses.

Can we at least wait til end of season to pass judgment on how good or not good KJ is/was this year, and how he compares to past PGs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom