Where there's smoke | Syracusefan.com

Where there's smoke

Blaster

2nd String
Could there be fire!!
Link

The part nobody seems to notice in here

Rutgers’ Board of Governors is expected to give athletic director Tim Pernetti the authority to pursue conference options during a regularly scheduled meeting Wednesday.

B1G? Maybe PSU finally got there wish.
ACC? ummm
MAC? likely :)

I was just wondering how often they give that authority unless a move is real possible.

Could there be fire!!
Link

The part nobody seems to notice in here

B1G? Maybe PSU finally got there wish.
ACC? ummm
MAC? likely :)

I was just wondering how often they give that authority unless a move is real possible.
all rutgers did is drop their top at the prom.

now anyone who wants to go home with them can, without looking like they moved in on someone elses broad.

My biggest take from that is that ECU will most likely NOT be invited...again. lol.

oh, and this from the comments section:

Temple is in ... its BOT gave its official approval to join BE for all sports along with OK for $10 million expansion of the football complex tonight at 9:36 p.m.

i have thought all along that the b10 would take ru, and i still believe they will

"Could there be fire?" We now know why Rutger's has not received an offer to join the B1g or ACC or SEC...those leagues were likely waiting on the "Rutgers’ Board of Governors" to give their permission to pursue any such "options." This is all about integrity. In much the same way that the Captain of the Titanic did not have permission to avoid the iceberg.

What does RU offer Bigten? Football? definitly not basketball.. let me guess nyc market? none of the above...makes no sense...they would be better off in the Mac.

This line also caught my eye:

"
In addition, the Big East’s long-term goal is to create two separate leagues under one umbrella, with the 12 football schools having a separate commissioner from the eight basketball schools.
The sides would offer a united front during all future TV negotiations."

So which league gets John Marinatto? Who does the TV deal?

The best thing the B1G could do is let Rutgers twist in the wind. Why take away nj from psu, Michigan, Wisconsin and others? If they so desire they can play SU or Pitt in jersey in a 1 game situation and not give Rutgers anything. If the B1G empowers Rutgers for assumed tv viewers they then weaken the schools that get what they want in jersey.

Why take away nj from psu, Michigan, Wisconsin and others? If they so desire they can play SU or Pitt in jersey in a 1 game situation

B1G already has a "Challenge" arrangement with the ACC in basketball. A similar arrangement could be made on the football side as well.

In addition, the Big East’s long-term goal is to create two separate leagues under one umbrella, with the 12 football schools having a separate commissioner from the eight basketball schools.

cat_fail-14136.jpg

We can notre dame rutgirls. They can play us in the Dome and we'll play them in the Meadowlands.

Why take away nj from psu, Michigan, Wisconsin and others? If they so desire they can play SU or Pitt in jersey in a 1 game situation

B1G already has a "Challenge" arrangement with the ACC in basketball. A similar arrangement could be made on the football side as well.

Exactly, just a couple of teams per year in jersey and you have what you want. There is no reason to empower rutgers or uconn. Now we give the area SU alums and fans in the tri state area happy we have a game there.

This line also caught my eye:

"
The sides would offer a united front during all future TV negotiations."

So which league gets John Marinatto? Who does the TV deal?

This sounds an awful lot like two different completely separate conferences. Will the NCAA allow for it to do this just to keep the BCS auto bid for FB or the NCAA tourney bid for hoops? I can't see any other reason to keep the BE name on both conferences if they are completely separate.

i have thought all along that the b10 would take ru, and i still believe they will

I agree with that. And I think the reason is that when the music stops, Buttgers will be the only northeastern team with out a chair, and they will be the B10's last choice.

I agree with that. And I think the reason is that when the music stops, Buttgers will be the only northeastern team with out a chair, and they will be the B10's last choice.
3 schools who are likely shlitting bricks, listed from bad runs to elephant sized poop...

1. rutgers
2. cincy
3. storz

if things move, rut goes somewhere. if cincy gets nothing, its right back where they were and i dont they, or anyone else will care. now storz...whoa, when they are left holding the bag...and they should and likely will, there will be a big shlitzstorm.

3 schools who are likely shlitting bricks, listed from bad runs to elephant sized poop...

1. rutgers
2. cincy
3. storz

if things move, rut goes somewhere. if cincy gets nothing, its right back where they were and i dont they, or anyone else will care. now storz...whoa, when they are left holding the bag...and they should and likely will, there will be a big shlitzstorm.
Lol I love it! And I agree

Storz deserves to be left behind. I live in CT and the arrogance of the Storz fans on line is beyond belief. In my 12+ years here I have talked to exactly NO ONE who has been to a FB game at Storz or who even knows that they have a FB team. Having them go CUSA and de-emphasize FB would be a good thing for my taxes too.

I'm not sure why everyone assumes the B1G, ACC, $EC, etc. "have" to choose/add anyone. They might choose any or all of these teams. They very well might not and stay at whatever number they see fit. If Syracuse was sitting on the outside looking in right now I certainly wouldn't feel as comfortable as some of these other teams fans in the thought that some other conference will "definitely" take us. I'd be hopeful but still knowing it's a coin flip. Probably a bit less for UConn and Cinci vs Rutgers, WVU, and L'Ville.

Not so sure. The B10 took a sniff the last time and passed on them. I used to think RU would get a B10 invite but a lot of time has passed without any action. I now think the only way they get one is if ND football ends up in the ACC or BE. As long as ND football stays indy, I don't think the B10 makes a move eastward. If ND football goes to the B10, then the B10 has all the NYC presence they need

When the music stops, the Big Ten is still going to take what it wants. The Big Ten is the Honey Badger.

When the music stops, the Big Ten is still going to take what it wants. The Big Ten is the Honey Badger.

Or take nothing at all.

Delany's a smart guy. He's not going to do something that isn't a money making proposition for the bottom line.