Where was Baye? | Syracusefan.com

Where was Baye?

CusefanATL

2018 Iggy Post Season Record NCAA Winner
When Rak was playing Swiss cheese defense in the 2nd half, why didn't we bring in Baye? Did he get re injured?

Obviously must not be close to 100%.

Speaking of swiss cheese defense- look no further than our guards who repeatedly allowed dribble penetration leading to open kick out threes or drop downs into the post for layups. You can try to blame that on the center all you want, but when your guards allow guys to repeatedly drive past them into the lane, you put your center in a very difficult spot.

I was afraid he came back too early. I knew once he got pulled after 2 minutes and then when Rak got pulled and Grant went to the 5 we would not see him again. Gotta keep him out till he is close to 100% even if it means till the NCAA's

We really needed Baye. He is a great defender. Our offence wasn't getting any better, so better "D" would have really helped. What is it with Syracuse Basketball and centers? Can't we catch a break?

JB is obviously saving him for Duke. Really hope he’s ready and healthy for the Duke game. They know we only play 6 (or 7) and are gonna play really up tempo.

Roc was all we needed to play D, quite frankly. Take away their threes and force the rotating center monster beat you. We only got hurt when the ball went to the high post and we collapsed. The overtime plays that really hurt were the back door layup BC got because Grant turned to look at the high post, and the corner three we allowed near BC's bench. Grant should have dropped towards the baseline and kept white dude on the wing forcing the center to go one on one with Roc. He turns his head and BOOM, layup.

I think CJ allowed the corner J.

Our defensive rotations were terrible all night. The last two games we have looked lethargic and even meek at times. No real grit. We should have spread the floor and rode Grant late in the game. BC has no big that can guard him.

BC was chucking up 3's all night.

Baye isn't a great perimeter defender.

One of the few possessions Baye was in, a BC player drove right past him to the hoop. He was certainly a step slow. The injury may not have been the reason he didn't come back in- he might not be quite in game shape. I know it's only been a little over a week, but you'd be surprised how quick it goes. Baye is in there for D and energy, if he can't provide either at the clip he usually provides...

I have no issue with Rak playing big minutes if that's the case, he just didn't have a great game (minus big free throws late), like most of our squad.

Biggest problem last night was offensive not defensive. I think we had three stretches totaling 17 minutes with no field goals.

We had an 8+ minute stretch from 13:50 to 5:58 in the second half without a field goal.

We were limited to 3 field goals over the last 13:50 of regulation.

Maybe the worst part about it was that over that span we missed 5 of 12 free throws. Crucial misses in a game where offense is so hard to come by.

Biggest problem last night was offensive not defensive. I think we had three stretches totaling 17 minutes with no field goals.

We had an 8+ minute stretch from 13:50 to 5:58 in the second half without a field goal.

We were limited to 3 field goals over the last 13:50 of regulation.

Maybe the worst part about it was that over that span we missed 5 of 12 free throws. Crucial misses in a game where offense is so hard to come by.

Exactly! And, this is with BC being one of league's worst defensive teams...ugh!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom