Where we at in the Monday rankings? | Syracusefan.com

Where we at in the Monday rankings?

Reasonable deduction.

Behind the 2 from the ACC, the 2 from the B1G, and Florida.

We beat two good teams. Not many in the top 10 did the same. Perhaps we jump past Michigan which has lost 2 of 3. Not a big deal, but I think that we'll start getting more respect with James back. I just hope that Jerami continues to grow, because he is a BEAST in the dwindling Big East!

Should be top 5 - will we be - who knows - cheering on BC tonight and I hate them :)

Just go 7-1, or 8-0, and 1-1 in Big East tournament get 1 or 2 seed in east region and 6-0 to finish off the year beating all the Big 10 teams for championship. Sort of payback for 2000 having to play Michigan St almost on their home floor.

8, unless Zona or Duke lose. I don't see us jumping anyone but Kansas because 6-8 didn't lose.

8, unless Zona or Duke lose. I don't see us jumping anyone but Kansas because 6-8 didn't lose.
I agree with this (although Duke and Arizona could both lose).

I see the AP coming out with:

1) Duke
2) Indiana
3) Gonzaga
4) Arizona
5) Florida
6) Michigan
7) Miami
8) Syracuse

with KU in at 13 and UL at 14.

Despite the crazy week I just don't see us leaping over anyone aside from Kansas, provided Duke and Arizona hold serve as mentioned.
13 of the top 25 took at least one loss since the last poll. That is likely to mean less range of movement than one might expect.

1. Duke
2. Indiana
3. Miami
4. Gonzaga
5. Arizona
6. Syracuse

1) Duke
2) Indiana
3) Gonzaga
4) Arizona
5) Florida
6) Michigan
7) Miami
8) Syracuse

Despite the crazy week I just don't see us leaping over anyone aside from Kansas, provided Duke and Arizona hold serve as mentioned.
13 of the top 25 took at least one loss since the last poll. That is likely to mean less range of movement than one might expect.
The media is really driving home the Southerland return, I'd be surprised if the voters dont take notice.

The media is really driving home the Southerland return, I'd be surprised if the voters dont take notice.
Good point and people are also noticing Miami so I expect a bounce into the top 5 for them.

It may only be #8 (jump Kansas)… but the difference in points between 3-8 will be much much closer than prior week.

We beat two good teams. Not many in the top 10 did the same. Perhaps we jump past Michigan which has lost 2 of 3. Not a big deal, but I think that we'll start getting more respect with James back. I just hope that Jerami continues to grow, because he is a BEAST in the dwindling Big East!

Storm is not muc of a win at dome.

1) Duke
2) Indiana
3) Gonzaga
4) Arizona
5) Florida
6) Michigan
7) Miami
8) Syracuse

I'd be surprised to see Gonzaga at #3. I don't think the pollster want them in a position to ascend to #1 based on their lack of consistent competition. I think we overtake Michigan and I think Miami takes #3.

Duke
Indiana
Miami
Gonzaga
Arizona
Florida
Cuse (although I am hoping some voters realize that JSIII is back and Cuse should get some love for #1).

We could be 8, yet one loss less and we would be #1 or #2... just some perspective on ow close it is,

Top 25 teams lost 17 times tis week. 7 losses in top 10. Duke could make it 8.

It would be interesting if the rankings followed what would be the Vegas odds of which team would be favored over another - not that they are that far off right now. I'd say the only team certain to be favored over us on a neutral court right now would likely be Indiana. So I'll go with them at #1. Many of the others would likely be pick-um's.

I'm guessing:
1. Indiana
2. Duke
3. Miami
4. Gonzaga
5. Michigan
6. Arizona
7. Florida
8. Syracuse

Indiana's 13 pt win on the road at OSU offsets the 2 pt road loss at Illinois. I don't think Michigan gets hurt too much from an overtime road loss at Wisconsin. Hard to see Florida dropping more than 5 spots for one loss. It annoys me how over-valued Gonzaga is. They're a good team but once OOC is over they just beat up the crap WCC
teams for 2 months so they have no possibility to lose a game. I don't think Zona is all that good but they won this week. It will be hard for SU to be ranked higher than #8 unless getting JS changed the perception of SU for a substantial number of voters.

Florida would be at least a 3 point favourite on a neutral court as of today.

Todays play will influence #1 -- madbiker may well be correct wit Indy at #1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom