Where were Ealey and Sheppard today? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Where were Ealey and Sheppard today?

Practice players make a minimum of $6,600 per week:eek: Money is everywhere in the sport, or I'm just easily impressed... that's a NICE living

It is, but practice squad players usually don't hang around long as well. I hope he gets his degree, otherwise that $6,600 per week will get burned up quick once he's out of football. Which could be tomorrow.

We should have a team rule where two guys who play the same position, especially if it's a position that will have no other returning humans next year, are not allowed to hang out together. Ever. In fact, don't even talk to each other.

If these guys are truly gone for good, Shafer might welcome his departure.

texascpa said:
I don't what everyone else sees in Thompson leaving for the NFL after this season. Okay, maybe, it's because he's 22 and a Redshirt Junior, but he will be a very late round pick, if anything.

He's not quite good enough for the NFL.

Ugh, suspension carries over to next year. Kids could miss valuable practice time. Hope they learn their lesson. Honest question, whats the value of a university wide drug penalty. Is it a selling point to recruits? "We don't do drugs here, or you get suspended?" Who does it appease, and how does it create a barrier for abuse? I can't imagine other schools without the penalty just let their athletes do drugs without interdiction.

Ugh, suspension carries over to next year. Kids could miss valuable practice time. Hope they learn their lesson. Honest question, whats the value of a university wide drug penalty. Is it a selling point to recruits? "We don't do drugs here, or you get suspended?" Who does it appease, and how does it create a barrier for abuse? I can't imagine other schools without the penalty just let their athletes do drugs without interdiction.
It's political only
It is, but practice squad players usually don't hang around long as well. I hope he gets his degree, otherwise that $6,600 per week will get burned up quick once he's out of football. Which could be tomorrow.
This^. Practice squad players are on a week-to-week basis. They get dropped and picked up depending on the needs of the team each week. And, you don't ever see a career practice squad player. They are like fodder. Teams use them up and discard them and I don't think they get the full benefit of the CBA, either, though I could be wrong on that point. They still have to pay an agent, too.

Where he's going after this, he might as well switch to being a tight end because he most probably will come out as a wide receiver.:eek:

Where he's going after this, he might as well switch to being a tight end because he most probably will come out as a wide receiver.:eek:
Funny stuff - how long did it take you to come up with such an original joke regarding something terrible?

Two failed drug tests and a rape charge? Not to kick a guy when he's down, but was he ready for college? Wow.

July of last year? Was it the first thing he did when he got on campus? Jeesh.

Also, did the coaching staff know about this in the summer and continue to have them on the team? I understand innocent until proven guilty, but wow.
It was reported to police by the victims on March 22. We don't know if the University (Campus Police, Title IX, Res Life, Coaching Staff, etc.) knew about it before then. Too much info missing to make assumptions.

Charged with Rape 3rd an E felony usually seen when someone can't give consent due to intoxication. Not charged with forcible compulsion.

I don't know any of the facts beyond the girls being alleged acquaintances of AE so I have no idea as to guilt or innocence but think it's important that those who want to judge so early at least understand the PL section he is charged with at this time.

Sucks, I had high hopes for Ealey... Wonder if Sheppard can ever make his way back on to the team?

Charged with Rape 3rd an E felony usually seen when someone can't give consent due to intoxication. Not charged with forcible compulsion.

I don't know any of the facts beyond the girls being alleged acquaintances of AE so I have no idea as to guilt or innocence but think it's important that those who want to judge so early at least understand the PL section he is charged with at this time.
Charges may be upgraded after going to a Grand Jury. The fact that he is charged so fast after the local P.D. gets wind of this and before presented to a Grand Jury does not make it look good for both Ealey and the University.

Charges may be upgraded after going to a Grand Jury. The fact that he is charged so fast after the local P.D. gets wind of this and before presented to a Grand Jury does not make it look good for both Ealey and the University.
Again, don't make assumptions here. We have no idea if anyone reported it before March 22. We'll probably find that out eventually.

Sucks, I had high hopes for Ealey... Wonder if Sheppard can ever make his way back on to the team?

Last I heard I believe he was trying to visit Ole Miss.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom