Where were you? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Where were you?

At the old house in Burlington, VT, very quietly watching while jumping all around the family room. Exchanged some posts with jordoo I'm sure after the game on the old site. God, some days it's so great to work for yourself from your house.

Went to bed before the end of the first half. My son was 10 months old at the time and had a double ear infection so sleep was rare at that time. He kept waking up, slept with him in the recliner, he woke again and I turned on the tv just at the start of the 6th overtime. I was like holy !

5 years ago tonight I was in the Hilton O'Hare preparing for a early morning flight home after a week working with my friends at Sara Lee. I was passing the time watching a nice little basketball game between Syracuse and UConn go through an epic 6 overtimes. Got a call from the front desk and a visit from hotel security at my door because neighboring guests thought something "extremely violent" was going on in my room based on the yelling and banging.

Ahhh... Miss u Big East!

Almost missed my flight the next morning but I did get home in time to swap out luggage and drive to MSG for the WVU and Louisville games
Sect. 115, Row B, MSG. Don't think I could have handled it on the tube.

On a side note, I am suffering from BET withdrawal pains this week.

about 12 rows up in the corner behind the basket. I think it was the tuba section of the WVA band. I had my coat on an off about 4 times to beat the rush to the garage before I gave up on leaving. Thabeet should have fouled out when he obliterated Jonny Flynn on the JB baseline inbounds play. Once he fouled out, I knew we had it. Paul Harris- 22 rebounds! Andy- onions! Flynn was invincible.

I watched the game all alone on the living room TV - don't believe my husband that he watched it. He fell asleep on the couch in regulation. Made it to work the next morning no problem with a huge smile on my face. I knew I would be able to catch up on my sleep this year.

We had just moved into our new (current) house about a month prior. My wife was out of town for work and I was able to get our 1 1/2 yr old (at the time) daughter to bed early. I ended up watching the game sitting up in bed rather than downstairs.

O'Flanagans, Stout, the Garden....then Blarney, OFlanagans again...and then call in sick.

scratch that...TEXT in sick.

gotta love technology, dont have to set an alarm to call in...beautiful.

where the F was this feature in my 20s......

gilardino said:
MSG, sitting right of behind the basket, on the floor, in the pitt student section(pitt played before, I received the stubs from pitt fans, CTO was behind the uconn bench, and I kept yelling her name!!!!!

So YOU were the drunk fool she said kept yelling her name!

I watched the game all alone on the living room TV - don't believe my husband that he watched it. He fell asleep on the couch in regulation. Made it to work the next morning no problem with a huge smile on my face. I knew I would be able to catch up on my sleep this year.

Woh you still sent him to work with a smile on his face! You rock I love it when my wife does that for me.:D
Edit: oops you were the one smiling . . . Well that could be cool too.

Last edited:
At MSG... ironically in the first row behind the UConn bench, using the two strips of tickets I had bought from SU. (They were behind the home team bench for the entire tourney).

Two funny sidelights:

1) If you watch the DVD of the game, I am the lone splash of Orange behind the UConn bench.

2) The first game that night was Pitt vs WVU. Man sitting next to me caught an errant pass and threw it back to ref in one smooth, strong motion. My friend Jay says to the guy: "That was impressive; did you play basketball somewhere?" Guy answers: "Not basketball, but I played football." Friend Jay says "Where did you play?" Guy replies: "Pitt, the Patriots and the Jets." Yes, it was Curtis Martin.. who was a really nice guy.

Last edited:
about 12 rows up in the corner behind the basket. I think it was the tuba section of the WVA band. I had my coat on an off about 4 times to beat the rush to the garage before I gave up on leaving. Thabeet should have fouled out when he obliterated Jonny Flynn on the JB baseline inbounds play. ...

This gets far too little attention. Terrible no-call.