Where will we be ranked tomorrow? | Syracusefan.com

Where will we be ranked tomorrow?

longislandcuse

Living Legend
Awful performance but the Top 10 was Amageddon this weekend.

Also, where do UVA and Duke move up to?

FWIW, Greg Anthony has Virginia as a No. 1 seed.

Arizona, Wichita State and Florida are the others.

FWIW, Greg Anthony has Virginia as a No. 1 seed.

Arizona, Wichita State and Florida are the others.

I'm a UVa fan and even I think Greg is smoking crack on that one. Right now, I think it's true that Wichita, Florida, and AZ have pretty strong claims to 3 of the one seeds, the fourth I'd have to give to 'Cuse at the moment based on overall body of work.

Kansas, Duke, and Wisconsin are RIGHT there, with Villanova and UVa having a WAY outside shot if EVERYTHING goes just right (meaning winning conf tourney and bad losses/early conf tourney flameouts for all other #1 contenders)

I wish to hell the committee followed KenPom rather than RPI, and still had the "last 10" rule.

To the OP's point, I'd guess AP top 10 will be:

1. Florida
2. Wichita St
3. Arizona
4. Duke
5. Villanova
6. Virginia
7. Syracuse
8. Kansas
9. Wisconsin
10. Louisville

duke's resume need some serious buiding to be 1 seed material since they only have 10 top 100 wins while other contenders except Wichita have 14 or more

duke's resume need some serious buiding to be 1 seed material since they only have 10 top 100 wins while other contenders except Wichita have 14 or more

I think with a reg season game left against UNC, plus tourney games against one of FSU/Clemson/Md, plus 'Cuse and UVa/UNC they can totally get there. But you're right, they're probably closer to 'Nova and UVa in that regard (needing to win out to stake their claim).

I'm a UVa fan and even I think Greg is smoking crack on that one. Right now, I think it's true that Wichita, Florida, and AZ have pretty strong claims to 3 of the one seeds, the fourth I'd have to give to 'Cuse at the moment based on overall body of work.

Kansas, Duke, and Wisconsin are RIGHT there, with Villanova and UVa having a WAY outside shot if EVERYTHING goes just right (meaning winning conf tourney and bad losses/early conf tourney flameouts for all other #1 contenders)

I wish to hell the committee followed KenPom rather than RPI, and still had the "last 10" rule.

To the OP's point, I'd guess AP top 10 will be:

1. Florida
2. Wichita St
3. Arizona
4. Duke
5. Villanova
6. Virginia
7. Syracuse
8. Kansas
9. Wisconsin
10. Louisville

This seems reasonable to me.