Which Alumni would you have put on this recruiting tweet? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Which Alumni would you have put on this recruiting tweet?

If a recruit’s parents need to use google to understand a reference to a “famous” person, then that’s probably not a great name to drop to a recruit in a tweet like this.
Well, to be honest I had to goog Robert Duffy, not exactly a household name. As politicians go Rudman is definitely more notable imo. At least I didn't bring up Alfonse D'Amato.

Sorkin would definitely be a good addition. I had no idea who Duffy was either.

Well, to be honest I had to goog Robert Duffy, not exactly a household name. As politicians go Rudman is definitely more notable imo. At least I didn't bring up Alfonse D'Amato.
I met both Senators D’Amato and Biden at a pre-game event thrown by Buzz Shaw. It was in the Ernie Davis room (now Club 44 I believe) before the Pitt game in 1992. I told D’Amato I was an Architecture major and he chastised me and all Architecture majors because his work-study grant when he was a student was cleaning in Slocum Hall and we were all slobs. Lou Gosset Jr. was there too, because his son was at SU at the time.

And Lou Reed.

waer.jpg

WHERE'S LOU REED? Vanessa Williams represents SU's Music but not Lou Reed???
Add in Suzanne Somers in the acting category, too. What the hell, people.

WHERE'S LOU REED? Vanessa Williams represents SU's Music but not Lou Reed???
Add in Suzanne Somers in the acting category, too. What the hell, people.

Suzanne Somers didn’t go to SU.

No, she isn't. That's Betsey Johnson, fashion designer.

That's not Suzanne Somers? I know that designer Betsy Johnson went to SU; she's mentioned earlier in the commercial. Here's a screen capture.

Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 8.19.27 AM.png

I thought Pete Yorn would be much more successful than he ended up being.
Really dug his 1st album, musicforthemorningafter.

But yeah - Lou Reed is an unexcusable absence on the music side of things.
Especially since he provided the soundtrack song "Head Held High" for the Syracuse commercial than ran for the past several years.
See the screenshot posted above by IthacaMatt for reference.

I thought Pete Yorn would be much more successful than he ended up being.
Really dug his 1st album, musicforthemorningafter.

But yeah - Lou Reed is an unexcusable absence on the music side of things.
Especially since he provided the soundtrack song "Head Held High" for the Syracuse commercial than ran for the past several years.
See the screenshot posted above by IthacaMatt for reference.
I love Lou Reed as much as the next guy, but there isn't a highschool football recruit in the country, or even Sweden where Rutgers recruits, that knows who Lou Reed is. Your best bet would be to tweet out "the guy who wrote and performed 'Walk on the Wild Side' went to SU" and even then I'm not too confident. Andy Warhol made Lou Reed famous and they don't know who Andy Warhol is. Tell me that SuperBowl ad with him eating a Whopper wasn't awkward. Nobody knows who these people are anymore!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom