Which Coach is Dumber? | Syracusefan.com

Which Coach is Dumber?

BuffOrange

All Conference
Mike Tomlin - for not taking a knee and a 99% chance to win on what amounts to an Extra Point?
or
Mike McCarthy - for realizing a play too late it's obviously best to let them score? Not preserving their last time out likely cost them the tying score on the next possession.

I vote Tomlin because at least McCarthy recognized his mistake after the time out.
Tomlin's explanation after the game was "I'm not into that". "That" referring to putting your team in the best position to win the game. Sweet.

These are coaches who get paid millions of dollars. Obviously they must be awesome coaches because each won the postseason lottery one year on the backs of their stud QB. Naturally ESPN doesn't say a peep about these strategic blunders - but they'll happily spend 400 hours arguing about Jason Garrett's playcalling. What really?

Solomon Wilcotts who was doing color on the game chimed in with "it's against conventional wisdom to let them score so that you can tie the game and put yourself in the exact same position you're in now".
The exact same position? I didn't realize the new rule that the Steelers get the ball on the opponents' 5yard line after all touchbacks this year.

Why are coaches so stupid and why does the media let them get away with decisions that are objectively wrong while obsessing over things like playcalling which is generally hindsight-filled garbage criticism?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom