Which conference mates do we root for? | Syracusefan.com

Which conference mates do we root for?

Hopefully both. I hope WVU gets an invite to the ACC.

WVU, I wish they could join us for the ride. Too much history to turn our backs on.

Agreed... WVU, Pitt, and SU are such a great triangle of talent, rivalries, and that touch of Big East flavor to take with us to the ACC.

Edit* I don't think WVU will be bitter, since there is no way they get left out in the cold... so is there really any way we don't establish an annual rivalry game here either way?

Will never happen.

This is what i thought. Aren't the Virginia teams vehemently opposed to bringing the Mountaineers onboard?

I think they either became a flag bearer of the NNBE or head for greener pastures in the SEC where them seem a good fit.

This is what i thought. Aren't the Virginia teams vehemently opposed to bringing the Mountaineers onboard?

I think they either became a flag bearer of the NNBE or head for greener pastures in the SEC where them seem a good fit.
Yeah, WVA was only state to secede by seceding from an already seceded South during the Civil War. Civil War, know this... This is the most important thing to Southerners. I know this b/c of my affiliation with the Citadel in Charleston. My VMI history professor drives around with an "Old Corps" sticker on his truck that denotes the acceptance of women into the Corps of Cadets in the 90s. Southerners don't let it go easily.

I feel the same way. I've been switching back and forth between Maryland-WVa and Auburn Clemson and I wonder if I'm looking at future league oppents and which is which in the first one. On the other hand I checked in on Temple Penn State and while I liked the fact that Temple was leading part of me would like to be in a conference where everyone has a history and nobody is a wannabe.

When it comes to rooting interest, it's about this year. WVU losing to an ACC team has no influence on the future... for now, it's about WVU being strong when we play them this year... plus I like WVU and will continue to root for them if they end up elsewhere, and I continue to hope Edsall never wins another game.

WVU. while the ACC might end up being our new home, I wil NEVER root for any of the ACC teams. Being in a stable conference would allow me to go back to rooting against our conference rivals, which is the way it should be. And it would feel natural since I already can't stand most of the ACC schools.

WVU no Maryland no WVU no Maryland no WVU no Maryland no WVU no Maryland... maybe they'll go into OT, a freak thunderstorm will break out, and they'll just call it a tie.

I don't really root for conferences. I'm always happy to see Big East teams lose in the NCAA tournament, unless they are playing a school I dislike more. I'm rooting for WVU because I like them better than Maryland (or dislike them less). That won't change if we change conferences.

WVU they are good people and I don't like MD. Remember if we leave the Big East we are stuck for 27 months so we won't be playing an ACC schedule for 2 years and we want our opponents to do well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom