Which one do we want more? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Which one do we want more?

Do we have a football team?

Just kidding! Hoops, no doubt about it. A win moves us up in the polls.

I appreciate the question, but I'm actually with the large majority on this one: Hoops, without doubt. Next year, hopefully this type of question might be a bit more difficult to answer.

Football. As regular season basketball in the pros and college is really meaningless in the big picture if you are a contender.
Last year's run to the Final Four showed you need a good bracket and the regular season isn't important as long you get in.
Football likely gets a bowl bid if they win.

If the FB team won and were LUCKY enough to get a bowl bid, it would probably be the Armadillo Bowl in Armpit, Texas. Would that make everyone proud?

If the FB team won and were LUCKY enough to get a bowl bid, it would probably be the Armadillo Bowl in Armpit, Texas. Would that make everyone proud?
Armadillo Bowl would get more viewers than any non Duke-Syracuse SU BB game. It would also give our young team an extra 15 practices.
BB will be fine if we lose to South Carolina. SU FB is done for the year if they lose today. Football needs the win today way more.

15 extra practices. Say it again - 15. Extra. Practices. In a new system.

Just not sure why so many people are against going to a bowl if we qualify. I truly do not understand it.

You think the kids wouldn't be chomping at the bit to go to a bowl after all the work they've put in all year? You think they wouldn't be proud of playing in the post-season?

As someone who actually loves both teams equally ( I know, novel concept) , I hate this thread. If you love both teams, the answer is so easy, but of course a BO isn't going to see it that way. A 24 point underdog who only has 12 opportunities a year?

I guess the thread didn't let me down. We got the proverbial "Do we even have a football team?" post. Kudos.

Last edited:
" SU football game on Saturday will still be going when the basketball game starts at 2:30."

well let's hope the game isn't over in the 1st quarter again.

Good job, schedule makers. Your dilligence is appreciated. Sincerely asking, how difiicult is it to schedule your 2 most prominent sports at different times once a week?

Good job, schedule makers. Your dilligence is appreciated. Sincerely asking, how difiicult is it to schedule your 2 most prominent sports at different times once a week?
We are at the mercy of television. SU, Pitt, and USC did not schedule the starting times. :noidea:

Sincerely answering...

The basketball time is controlled by the people at Barclays Arena.

The football time is controlled by ESPN.

if i was to have bet you that the football team outscores the hoopsters and still loses...

Obviously it's a moot point now but i counted 5 more for football and 4 for basketball, making it 16-15 for football. It's an interesting emasure of our preferences and priorities.

I would say the basketball loss hurt more because it was a dismal performance against what is now an obviously superior team when we thought we had one of the best teams in the country. We might have that someday but not now. I expected the Pitt game might be a blow-out and for much of it it was but we sure made it interesting - and historical- at the end.

Thanks to the mods for answering my question, I guess I dont know a lot about the ins and outs of scheduling in big times college sports. What a crummy day for SU, I am humbled. :(

Jake and I will be the last ones laughing, you'll see. You'll all see.

Any team with Franklin Howard running the point has 0.00000001% of winning the title.

Any team with Franklin Howard running the point has 0.00000001% of winning the title.

giphy.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom