Who are these people on "Team Syracuse"... | Syracusefan.com

Who are these people on "Team Syracuse"...

I can only speak for three, some prospects of ours.

Ja'Quan Newton - combo guard that we're heavily recruiting lately. Philly baller, amazing talent. Very aggressive going to the hoop, great scorer and he would fit right in with our style. Think mix between Triche and Dion. We offered him.

Moustapha Diagne - I believe we offered. PF/C. Really talented kid from Africa that hasn't been playing ball in the states for long. Upside, as he is very athletic for his size. Non stop motor and always seems to get the loose ball, something we lack at times. He has really come on in AAU circuits recently, and I saw him live against Roberson this past year. He played Roberson tough early in the game but Tyler wore him out eventually. Nevertheless, very promising prospect.

Jared Terrell - played with Chris McCullough at Brewster. Not sure if we're still actively recruiting him, but not as high on our list as of late. Still, good strength and another guy who can handle as well as score. We do have a few others in Whitehead, Kaleb Joseph and Newton that we've probably focused on more in recent months.

Just to add, Diagne has both a lefty and righty game. Hard to explain, but I have seen jump hooks with both hands, although he is a righty, shoots right-handed from deep. But it's funny. Guys don't know how to play him. Very enigmatic and could be a polished post player by the time he sees run at the college level.

Just to add, Diagne has both a lefty and righty game. Hard to explain, but I have seen jump hooks with both hands, although he is a righty, shoots right-handed from deep. But it's funny. Guys don't know how to play him. Very enigmatic and could be a polished post player by the time he sees run at the college level.
Another "value added" post from Tee1222!~

Whitehead and Briscoe on the same team should be an interesting backcourt. To bad they didn't put Whitehead and/or Newton on the same team with McCollugh so he could get in their ear.

So you're saying he's amphibious?

I think those are the biggest Nike schools. I noticed Daniel Hamilton was playing for team Syracuse, he will be going to UCONN. Probably always wanted to go to Syracuse but with the logjam in front of him he would never get any minutes - so this is the best he can do..

I only see five NY State kids. How times have changed, twenty years ago NYS would have dominated that sheet. BTW, are we not courting Thomas Bryant any more?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom