Who are you most angry with? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Who are you most angry with?

I was angry 10 years ago when we started rolling out severely flawed teams that either couldn’t score in the name of getting athletes for the zone. At that point, the zone was still a differentiator and we recruited elite athletes to make it work against most teams. But the writing was on the wall then as how this was going to end. The buddy years were the nail in the coffin... when the coach is so obviously making biased decisions I checked out. Now I am completely apathetic and I watch cuse hoops like my wife watches the real housewives of whereversville… it’s a train wreck in motion.
Ten years ago we won 30 games and lost a ff game on a questionable call. This garbage really started once Hop left.

JB for holding the AD, university, and program hostage.

JW for not acting or decisively after last year's debacle. Going to be paying close attention to how things unfold this off season.

We're at a pretty important fork in the road.

Last edited:
JB for holding the 80, university, and program hostage.

JW for not acting or decisively after last year's debacle. Going to be paying close attention to how things unfold this off season.

What's the 80?

I am certainly disappointed and dissatisfied. I try to reserve anger and outrage for actual injustices and problems with significant consequences.
Good perspective. As we're seeing with the Alabama murder, college fans have a habit of being too involved/caring too much and don't know how to take a step back.

Not angry.

This was all very predictable and we knew the ending would be messy given JB’s personality.

I’m not sure anyone could have fixed this besides JB himself. And in the end, his strengths became his flaws. Age is undefeated. I feel bad for him and the program more than angry. There were plenty of chances to go out the right way. I just hope the bandaid gets ripped off soon.

In order
JB
The professor
Jim
We love you Jimmy
Gus
J-bone
1677427470769.jpeg
images

Last edited:
Honest question for all you people blaming Wildhack for this crap time for mens sports.……
1. Would you honestly fire Jim Boeheim ?
2. Did you disagree with the hiring of Gary Gait ?

I blame the administration for the wuss 3 year transition crap. There was pressure to fire JB after probation number 2. Instead of just letting him go or not succumbing to the pressure, they came up with the lame 3 year plan with a gun to JBs head. Of course Mr Stubborn didn’t want to follow it, and when that pushed Hopkins out, the admin doubled down on their stupidity and immediately extended him. Either let him go right away or don’t put some lame 3 year plan out there. And when the lame plan blows up, still make him retire and go hire someone not named Hopkins

Myself for not putting money on Pitt and -6.

I rarely gamble on sports but that line was the lock of the century.
me too. I gotta find a bookie since my other option for profiting off the decline is making an hour drive south to PA.

Yeah, this is kind of a perfect storm. Agree on the anger versus sadness/disappointment.

Another factor is that as fanbase, a lot of Syracuse fans looked at what happened with Paul Pasqualoni and the football team and concluded that that was what happens if you listen to the "negative fans" and fire a good coach "too early." I think it has left a lot of Orange fans with the attitude that "things will be worse if you get rid of the coach!" I'm hoping that reality eventually catches up with them and that they see the fear of losing out on an NIT bubble team that routinely gets blown out by mediocre teams conference rivals is nothing to be afraid of.
Timing was the problem there. You can't have a lame duck coach in college sports. The day after the regular season the options were extend or fire. Waiting until halftime of the bowl game put SU behind the 8 ball in the hiring cycle and we got Gerg'd

Honest question for all you people blaming Wildhack for this crap time for mens sports.……
1. Not until right now. But this season is a mess, and I think JW has to push him aside if he’s not willing to go. JB will never be “fired”. Call it whatever you like, he’s gotta go. He can’t lead this program back to being a top 25 program. He’s had 6 years to do it post probation and it’s only getting worse.

2. No.

I’ve never been more confident the ACC tourney will be JBs last games. They all know. No matter what Boeheim says, Wildhack and the BOT know it’s time to cut ties. Boeheim’s never gonna wanna leave and it was always going to be an ugly ending cause that’s the type of guy Boeheim is to be honest. But trust me when I tell you Wildhack is WELL AWARE of the feelings of the fan base, boosters, some promenent former players and the national attention on JB. Also don’t think the comments he made a few weeks back didn’t get swept under the rug too. I think Boeheim knows it’s his last even though he doesn’t want it to be

JB? Wildhack? The BOT? We all saw this coming with JB. Anyone surprised was either not seasoned in the real world or too deep in the orange bunker. Add in ego and stubbornness, this was always how the game ended for JB. For me it's our AD. He came on board knowing this elephant was in the room. The plan thus far of doing nothing infuriates me as a fan and alum. Take the program back.
1. JB- He has had plenty of opportunities to step aside
2. Wildhack-Needs to do his job at some point.
3. Syverud-Needs to get involved.
4. Big Money Donors who are fine with status quo
Edit: 5-Julie, Buddy, Jimmy-I'm sure have awareness of what's being said and need to intervene.

Last edited:
1.Yes, if he refuses to call it a retirement at the end of the season.
2. No, but I don't know enough on possible HC candidates in Lacrosse to opine.

I blame the administration for the wuss 3 year transition crap. There was pressure to fire JB after probation number 2. Instead of just letting him go or not succumbing to the pressure, they came up with the lame 3 year plan with a gun to JBs head. Of course Mr Stubborn didn’t want to follow it, and when that pushed Hopkins out, the admin doubled down on their stupidity and immediately extended him. Either let him go right away or don’t put some lame 3 year plan out there. And when the lame plan blows up, still make him retire and go hire someone not named Hopkins
Yeah, looking back Wildhack really panicked with that decision. He must have been blindsided, wasn't ready to do a national search but that's what was probably needed. At the time, I didn't mind JB sticking around but I wondered how long it would be for? Would he know when he should get out? Then Buddy came along and you figured, well it will probably be for all of his years and that S16 in 21 bought him more time. What if Allen Griffin doesn't make that block at the end of the UB game? there's probably no NCAA bid that year and the calls last year would have been louder.

You tell JB thank you for your service, but this year is your last. You retire, and we throw you the celebration and tributes you deserve as a hall of fame coach. If he says no, you’re gonna have to fire me, you oblige him.

He’s the f@@$ing athletic director. Why was he hired and paid millions of dollars if not to make decisions like this?

I’ve been saying for years he should have been let go after the second probation.

SECOND probation.

JB for holding the AD, university, and program hostage.

I wonder if JB had to layout his roster plan to JW and JW approved. I wonder if JW has laid out any performance expectations if JB wants to continue

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom