Who are you most angry with? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Who are you most angry with?

No matter what Boeheim says, Wildhack and the BOT know it’s time to cut ties. Boeheim’s never gonna wanna leave and it was always going to be an ugly ending cause that’s the type of guy Boeheim is to be honest. But trust me when I tell you Wildhack is WELL AWARE of the feelings of the fan base, boosters, some promenent former players and the national attention on JB. Also don’t think the comments he made a few weeks back didn’t get swept under the rug too. I think Boeheim knows it’s his last even though he doesn’t want it to be
Agree with a lot of this. I've heard different opinions, but I think JB was thinking of 2 more seasons after this one "to leave the program in good shape." Even then, I've always thought that this will not end well and that he will eventually need to be nudged out behind the scenes while offering him a way to step aside with dignity publically.

JB unwittingly created that scenario with the Thamel interview. “This is an awful place we’re in in college basketball” Wake Forest bought a team. Miami bought a team. … It’s like, ‘Really, this is where we are?’ That’s really where we are, and it’s only going to get worse.” “That’s the reason they (K and Jay Wright) got out,” Boeheim said. “The transfer portal and everything is nuts. It really is. …We didn’t take [many] transfer portal guys. If we did do it and did whatever we had to do, I wouldn’t feel that good about that. These other [coaches], it doesn’t bother them.”

He can "retire" because of the awful state of college basketball and not because he can longer be successful or was forced to step down.

Honest question for all you people blaming Wildhack for this crap time for mens sports.……
1. Would you honestly fire Jim Boeheim ?
2. Did you disagree with the hiring of Gary Gait ?
Refresh my memory, but prior to Gait being hired, didn't they remove Desko fairly quickly and decisively? Did BOT need to be involved in that? If not, why would they for this coaching decision? And if the answer is, well JB has been here longer then...blah blah, that's a problem right there.

Agree with a lot of this. I've heard different opinions, but I think JB was thinking of 2 more seasons after this one "to leave the program in good shape." Even then, I've always thought that this will not end well and that he will eventually need to be nudged out behind the scenes while offering him a way to step aside with dignity publically.

JB unwittingly created that scenario with the Thamel interview. “This is an awful place we’re in in college basketball” Wake Forest bought a team. Miami bought a team. … It’s like, ‘Really, this is where we are?’ That’s really where we are, and it’s only going to get worse.” “That’s the reason they (K and Jay Wright) got out,” Boeheim said. “The transfer portal and everything is nuts. It really is. …We didn’t take [many] transfer portal guys. If we did do it and did whatever we had to do, I wouldn’t feel that good about that. These other [coaches], it doesn’t bother them.”

He can "retire" because of the awful state of college basketball and not because he can longer be successful or was forced to step down.
It’s so weird that a guy who’s late career success has been so positively impacted by transfers (Wes Johnson, Michael Gbinije, Elijah Hughes, Allen Griffin, Andrew White, John Gillon, etc) has such a negative opinion of the portal.

I know the portal is different than the old rules. But it’s still disaffected kids leaving one school to join another.

I’ve never been more confident the ACC tourney will be JBs last games. They all know. No matter what Boeheim says, Wildhack and the BOT know it’s time to cut ties. Boeheim’s never gonna wanna leave and it was always going to be an ugly ending cause that’s the type of guy Boeheim is to be honest. But trust me when I tell you Wildhack is WELL AWARE of the feelings of the fan base, boosters, some promenent former players and the national attention on JB. Also don’t think the comments he made a few weeks back didn’t get swept under the rug too. I think Boeheim knows it’s his last even though he doesn’t want it to be
Are there former players calling for his retirement?

Yes. I have a lot of questions that I’d love to have JB answer.

I don't.

He's either delusional spouting nonsense or purposefully trolling with responses he knows are BS in his answers to most pointed questions at this point.

It's simply sad.

There's no reason to ask him anything anymore.

It’s so weird that a guy who’s late career success has been so positively impacted by transfers (Wes Johnson, Michael Gbinije, Elijah Hughes, Allen Griffin, Andrew White, John Gillon, etc) has such a negative opinion of the portal.

I know the portal is different than the old rules. But it’s still disaffected kids leaving one school to join another.
Right but now it's something he has to do every year and you have to move quickly in these recruitments, and he struggles with change and quick decisions.

For the record, this feels as bad, if not worse than the final days of Coach P as far as fan support for the coach.

Similar slow erosion that becomes unacceptable to the overwhelmingly majority.

Wonder if the people who were supportive of getting rid of P are as supportive of JB being told it’s time.

1. JB- He has had plenty of opportunities to step aside
2. Wildhack-Needs to do his job at some point.
3. Syverud-Needs to get involved.
4. Big Money Donors who are fine with status quo
Edit: 5-Julie, Buddy, Jimmy-I'm sure have awareness of what's being said and need to intervene.
The Chancellor is responsible for the University, and should have taken the necessary steps after the 2nd probation.
JB should have been gone and Hop should have taken over.
Now it's to late, and there is no way to get rid of JB in a good way.

FWIW, I was far more “angry” at my adopted college hockey team getting thumped last night than the SU result. SU hoops isn’t worth getting angry about. If the head coach doesn’t care — and let’s be honest, he doesn’t — then why should we?
Nobody cares more than JB!
Caring is not the problem.

How many times do we have to say, no we don't it's getting so goofy. Of course no one thinks boeheim had a resurgence in him.
It remains a relevant question because a) for a time, some people really did think once the boys were out we'd see more of the ol' coach and b) because if the bar keeps getting lower for what's acceptable, how is that doing JB any favors either?

For the record, this feels as bad, if not worse than the final days of Coach P as far as fan support for the coach.

Wonder if the people who were supportive of getting rid of P are as supportive of JB being told it’s time.
World of difference, JB is pushing 80, his being gone is a near term certainty. A new coach must be named and at this juncture the sooner the better.
I have seen this story before and it never ends well for the elderly coach or his program. Depaul and Ray Meyer immediately come to mind.
Long past time for JB to move on, for so many reasons. Syracuse may or may not recover after the change but delaying that change will not make the recovery easier.
There is just a time for all things under heaven, and JB is overdue for his change.

I’ve never been more confident the ACC tourney will be JBs last games. They all know. No matter what Boeheim says, Wildhack and the BOT know it’s time to cut ties. Boeheim’s never gonna wanna leave and it was always going to be an ugly ending cause that’s the type of guy Boeheim is to be honest. But trust me when I tell you Wildhack is WELL AWARE of the feelings of the fan base, boosters, some promenent former players and the national attention on JB. Also don’t think the comments he made a few weeks back didn’t get swept under the rug too. I think Boeheim knows it’s his last even though he doesn’t want it to be
This sounds right, CuseMan4.

I think JW hoped that after Buddy and Jimmy left, with an influx of young talent, we would have a solid NCAA tournament team and a promising trajectory so he could transition to Red or Hop. Honors JB’s legacy and keeps the program identity. Obviously, that has not happened.

The 2003 celebration v WF would have fit that transition plan. Now, it’s set up to signal the end of the JB era, and this season’s results will have made a national search inevitable.

Last edited:

We owe boeheim way more

It remains a relevant question because a) for a time, some people really did think once the boys were out we'd see more of the ol' coach and b) because if the bar keeps getting lower for what's acceptable, how is that doing JB any favors either?
A) is baloney
B) is throwing shirt against the wall
Accckshually we are the ones supporting JB by yelling for him to be fired

A) is baloney
B) is throwing shirt against the wall
Accckshually we are the ones supporting JB by yelling for him to be fired
Giannis Antetokounmpo What GIF by NBPA

This sounds right, CuseMan4.

I think JW hoped that after Buddy and Jimmy left, with an influx of young talent, we would have a solid NCAA tournament team and a promising trajectory so he could transition to Red or Hop. Honors JB’s legacy and keeps the program identity. Obviously, that has not happened.

The 2003 celebration v WF would have fit that transition plan. Now, it’s set up to signal the end of the JB era, and this season’s results will have made a national search inevitable.
I still believe that if last year went according to plan (tourney appearance at the very least) he would’ve walked away. But with it being the first losing season he couldn’t stomach it. I’m hoping this is it so that hanging around too long doesn’t become a bigger part of his legacy than it needs to be.

We owe boeheim way more
This “we owe” stuff is crazy to me.

Performance matters. His has declined well beyond an acceptable range, for a pretty long period of time. Not to mention his commentary to outside entities has never been more eye opening.

In what other profession is a lifetime achievement award handed out and good money paid to individuals who had a good run but can’t do it anymore?

He is WELL past retirement age. His skills are eroding. There is no shame in that. The shame is in the stubbornness of not stepping away before it gets ugly.

I don't think it's that weird when your development model requires guys to wait their turn for several years regardless of how their talent compares to the guy playing in front of them and you run one of the shortest benches in the business.

Last edited:
Pleaseeee

I think SU will be in the NIT. As sad as this makes me I get it. I wish he can have one more year, but who knows.
We're not even that close to the NIT. They take all regular season conference champions who don't win the conference tourneys, so that reduces the at large spots. There are a few NIT bracketologists - as sad as that is - and they don't have us in.

For me it’s simple. I’m not sure I’m angry exactly (well maybe!) but I am very disappointed to see teams game after game shoot 30-40 threes and keep making between 40-50% of them. It’s just unacceptable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom