Who are you most angry with? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Who are you most angry with?

Who am I most angry at?

I think it’s that ref who called the tuck rule against the Raiders. Without that call, Tom Brady’s career (hopefully) dies shortly after and over a decade of football wouldn’t have been lost to that butthole.

Or maybe I’m most angry at his parents for creating him? Not sure

Last edited:
Why is it weird? He’s 78 years old. People that age are not known for their mental flexibility. And he’s demonstrated a gameday rigidity (adherence to the zone) that is the epitome of inflexibility. It’s EXTREMELY obvious that once he is entrenched in a position there is no turning back. He made the decision years ago (before the transfer portal era) that transfers are bad, therefore they are still bad.
It's weird because he's had high impact transfers help the program as recently as last season.

Caring about winning basketball games it’s not enough. He’s paid millions to win them. If you have noticed that’s not been happening for years. Time for the gold watch
I didn’t say it wasn’t. Not sure what your point is, we were talking about JB caring about winning.

It all starts with JB. Look at how Roy and Coach K handled it. Even Jay Wright. Cooley just came out and said he’d never coach past 70.

JB built up a lot of good will here (deservedly so). But his lack of self awareness and unwillingness to walk away on his own accord years ago put everyone in a terrible spot. Now it’s up to the BOT and AD to do the nearly impossible, all because JB can’t see it on his own (and he should have years ago)

This is like 90% JBs fault.
Mick Jagger said he would never sing Satisfaction after the age of 32

That’s my point. We switched from recruiting basketball players to athletes who could play the zone. We hit gold with that team 10 years ago and the one that went to the Houston final 4, but even those years the team was pretty painful to watch in the regular season. Then hop left and we stopped getting elite athletes and it was over. JB tried to compensate by doubling down on offenses starting with the Andrew White year but they couldn’t play the zone and then the bottom fell out with the Buddy years and here we are.
When your not winning its usually because of 1 or 2 things.
Its either the scheme or its the players not being good enough. I think its a combination of the 2. Employing the Zone as a main defense is soo rare, similar to running a Triple Option in football where only the service academies run it. Our situation is like if Tom Osborn refused to retire into the 2000s and continued to run the wishbone as defenses figured it out and they go from Powerhouse, to Bowl eligible to missed bowl games. So right off the bat, were behind the 8 ball by continuing the 2-3 zone. To make matters worse, JB is not going all out on the recruiting trail and leaving the assistants to bring him the players and the talent level has declined over the years, the players lost have not been upgraded or adequately replaced through the portal. So he essentially refuses to take responsibility for both of the causes of the decline and basically says in the pressers that were just not playing the defense the correct way. You can only do that for so long if you don't change your scheme or your recruiting tactics.

Honest question for all you people blaming Wildhack for this crap time for mens sports.……
1. Would you honestly fire Jim Boeheim ?
2. Did you disagree with the hiring of Gary Gait ?
I agree with your point. It's easy to say fire JB. But if I were actually the AD, there's no chance I would fire JB after last year's losing season or right now. Everything needs to be very strategic right now. A brash move could inflict more damage than we could even imagine.

I agree with your point. It's easy to say fire JB. But if I were actually the AD, there's no chance I would fire JB after last year's losing season or right now. Everything needs to be very strategic right now. A brash move could inflict more damage than we could even imagine.

I beg to differ.

I do agree 144% that JW could NOT fire JAB after last season.
You cannot fire a HOF coach after his first-ever losing season.
It's a horrible look.

However - now JW has nearly a decade track record, including these last 2 seasons where the program has been driven over a cliff, PLUS all the awful public comments, etc.
It is time.

He needs to tell JAB that he is "being allowed to retire", and it is in the best interests of the program, the university, and Orange Nation and the OttoMan Empire that he step aside willingly.

(which is clearly what ND did with Mike Brey, who says he still wants to coach after ND)

Only IF JAB refuses this -
and you'd want to have Juli, his kids, all his former players, BOT members, etc. basically stage an intervention with him if he does indeed refuse -
then you tell him his employment contract is being cancelled, effective immediately, and you get started with the NATIONAL SEARCH for the new HC.

When your not winning its usually because of 1 or 2 things.
Its either the scheme or its the players not being good enough. I think its a combination of the 2. Employing the Zone as a main defense is soo rare, similar to running a Triple Option in football where only the service academies run it. Our situation is like if Tom Osborn refused to retire into the 2000s and continued to run the wishbone as defenses figured it out and they go from Powerhouse, to Bowl eligible to missed bowl games. So right off the bat, were behind the 8 ball by continuing the 2-3 zone. To make matters worse, JB is not going all out on the recruiting trail and leaving the assistants to bring him the players and the talent level has declined over the years, the players lost have not been upgraded or adequately replaced through the portal. So he essentially refuses to take responsibility for both of the causes of the decline and basically says in the pressers that were just not playing the defense the correct way. You can only do that for so long if you don't change your scheme or your recruiting tactics.
I just can't get behind the talent thing as much because I think they've got more talent than some other conference teams, although, I agree compared to previous SU squads, this one does lake in talent). But our transfers out the recent years have been pretty underwhelming elsewhere. So probably. I don't know. It sucks.

psst, please. We got an 80 year old coach getting hammered in the media for his clueless comments, his doors blown off in 3 straight games, on pace to miss any postseason in consecutive seasons since 1968 and your worried about more damage? Why not worry about ending it and starting a new chapter to get it right? I just don't understand this scared approach.

Am I angry? No, I’m disappointed, sad and indifferent. The time to get this under control was after the second sanctions. I’m disappointed that we are in this situation, im sad for JB for dragging this out and tarnishing his legacy somewhat. Most of all I’m indifferent to what really happens because I don’t see improvement on the horizon

psst, please. We got an 80 year old coach getting hammered in the media for his clueless comments, his doors blown off in 3 straight games, on pace to miss any postseason in consecutive seasons since 1968 and your worried about more damage? Why not worry about ending it and starting a new chapter to get it right? I just don't understand this scared approach.
We’re very close to an amicable retirement. With some strategic diplomacy, we could be extremely close. It would be short-sighted to blow it up at this stage. JB is a tough personality to manage and we mustn't throw gas on the fire just to get him out one year earlier.

Also, we can't afford to lose boosters loyal to JB, or JB himself as a fundraiser, in this new age of NIL.

This is a very difficult situation for those in power, and requires deep thinking, not knee-jerk reactions. It must be done strategically.

Time is of the essence, but the program probably can't afford the price it would pay if things get ugly. With the right touch, we could be heading upwards and onwards very soon, which is what we all want.

I beg to differ.

I do agree 144% that JW could NOT fire JAB after last season.
You cannot fire a HOF coach after his first-ever losing season.
It's a horrible look.

However - now JW has nearly a decade track record, including these last 2 seasons where the program has been driven over a cliff, PLUS all the awful public comments, etc.
It is time.

He needs to tell JAB that he is "being allowed to retire", and it is in the best interests of the program, the university, and Orange Nation and the OttoMan Empire that he step aside willingly.

(which is clearly what ND did with Mike Brey, who says he still wants to coach after ND)

Only IF JAB refuses this -
and you'd want to have Juli, his kids, all his former players, BOT members, etc. basically stage an intervention with him if he does indeed refuse -
then you tell him his employment contract is being cancelled, effective immediately, and you get started with the NATIONAL SEARCH for the new HC.
I just hope that they do everything in their power to make him want to retire, which is clearly no easy task. He's difficult to control and doesn't react well to being told what to do. Family and friends probably need to be on board. And hopefully the school can make JB feel like it's his choice. He also probably needs to feel like he's leaving the program in a good position for success. I think that's a major factor in his timeline. He thought next year would be a good year for his curtain call, but that's increasingly unknown.

OK. Joe, Symir and Jesse all graduate and don't take a free Covid year.

Judah, Benny and Bell all transfer out.

JBA goes portal to play his final year at Lehigh or someplace like that.

Our returning roster consists of Hima, Taylor, Maliq Brown, Copeland, Carey and the new center, Patterson.

How many games does that team win? Five?

Do you really want to see that? Do you think Boeheim could actually handle losing 20 or more games in his final season?

What is the point, honestly?
I am not expecting to enjoy next year and all that explains why I'm not worried that it will continue for longer than that

We’re not talking one year. We’ve never been talking one year. This guy is never going to leave of his own volition. Chance of coaching in 2025-26 is 100% unless he is removed. Since that has always been the case, we’re like 4 years too late. Every year this continues is just another year of diminishing the brand. I want Syracuse basketball to be good (like real, “tangible results good”, not 12-6 against the worst schedule in 45 years ‘good’ lol) again. I have less faith than most here that 1) the AD will make a good hire, and 2) it’s as easy to turn around as everyone says.
I just disagree and I think it's a bit much to be so certain that a guy that old will have to be kicked out

Still upset about me saying they don't suck, I see.

Legends have to have heard that suck before they're kicked out. .500 isn't bad enough. Boeheim has a high floor, even now. It's baffling that that they're going to end up. 500 with such a lazy offense and a shredded zone but that's where they'll be which is my point all along

People want this to suck so it can end, I get it

Last edited:
One thing that can't be overlooked is all the fools gold that we received post 2014. Look that 2016 run to the Final Four was a ton of fun but in the big picture you could make an argument it did more harm than good. 2018 or 2021 runs to the Sweet 16. Again fun but these were teams that barely made the tournament. If either or both of those teams don't make it maybe it's Hop that is roaming the sidelines and things are much different.

What do you think the odds of him returning in 25-26 are?

That factors into how much I feel like they need to push him out.

We are talking about one year, imo. I would rather lose four more games than we otherwise would to not fire a guy who won a thousand
This is the problem. If you had JB’s record, you would’ve been fired.

We’re very close to an amicable retirement. With some strategic diplomacy, we could be extremely close. It would be short-sighted to blow it up at this stage. JB is a tough personality to manage and we mustn't throw gas on the fire just to get him out one year earlier.

Also, we can't afford to lose boosters loyal to JB, or JB himself as a fundraiser, in this new age of NIL.

This is a very difficult situation for those in power, and requires deep thinking, not knee-jerk reactions. It must be done strategically.

Time is of the essence, but the program probably can't afford the price it would pay if things get ugly. With the right touch, we could be heading upwards and onwards very soon, which is what we all want.
What you don’t understand things are ugly doing it now is the best option. Fundraisers can be replaced. He’s a coach first. If his primary job is fundraising, just let him do that, but not as coach.

Last edited:
I just disagree and I think it's a bit much to be so certain that a guy that old will have to be kicked out

Still upset about me saying they don't suck, I see.

Legends have to have heard that suck before they're kicked out. .500 isn't bad enough. Boeheim has a high floor, even now. It's baffling that that they're going to end up. 500 with such a lazy offense and a shredded zone but that's where they'll be which is my point all along

People want this to suck so it can end, I get it

Ive made it clear I get your point, so please dont scold me...but one push back on the .500 isn't bad enough train

We have 0 quad 1 victories.

BC has 2
Flordia State has 2!!

We literally haven't beat a winning team on the road/neutral and we beat one valid team at home.

I get the record and all that, but if it's not suck, we're close to it.

How the heck am I going to get in JB’s mind and make that list?I can promise you though that he cares about winning basketball games.

Well, you said you know that he cares? I asked, what do YOU think he cares about?

The Syracuse basketball program?

His players?

His own legacy?

You can rank them if you like.

I think #3 is the only correct answer.

I am not expecting to enjoy next year and all that explains why I'm not worried that it will continue for longer than that

OK. But what about attendance, and fans who are not so zen-like about our program's collapse into a laughingstock?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom