Who calls the plays on this team | Syracusefan.com

Who calls the plays on this team

Alcuse01

Scout Team
I"m not looking for a smart ass answer here, but who is responsible for our play calling?
Is it hacket by himself
is it hacket and then marrone approves
does marrone call some and hacket some

Basically, I want to know:
If it's hackett, how could a new head coach put this much of his career in the hands of an inexperienced play caller, and for this long?

If it's marrone, was he really the one calling them in NO as a co-coordinator? Obv that team hasn't missed a beat with him gone and our O here is sooo boring and predictable.

And how in the hell can we only have one pass over 15 yards today? It's potentially the last game of the year... why aren't we taking a shot? Oh wait, we must be holding it till next year and not showing our hand (that's the excuse why our offense sucked the first few games this year)

Not a smart @ss answer. Nassib can't make a pass accurately past 15 yards. Hard to call passing plays that you know he won't complete.

Play calling is horrid. But the real problem on this team are fundamentals. Can't catch passes. Can't hold onto the ball. Can't tackle.

Hackett is calling plays, from the Marrone playbook.
The offensive plan is developed over the course of the week (joint effort).

Today, though, the problem is turn-overs. No one is calling them.

but you got to take a shot, at least to keep the D "honest" -- so they're not playing 1 of 3 plays... and those plays are -- run up the middle, bootleg and toss to TE, Screen.

I thought one of the reasons marrone was so loved for the job was bc he was part of the NO offensive success

obviously a die where 5 sides say bailey between the tackles and the sixth side says wing it.

Hackett is calling plays, from the Marrone playbook.
The offensive plan is developed over the course of the week (joint effort).

Today, though, the problem is turn-overs. No one is calling them.

couldn't help but think of the coach from the Waterboy

I love how we're down 2 scores, and are taking as much time as possible. We're helping Pitt out here!

Good drive, but they took nearly 10 minutes off the clock. They need to move more swiftly.

I was just thinking the same thing! Have a sense of urgency! They are huddling walking to the line like it's the 3rd quarter. And when they are on the 6 yard line, you call a running play???? I like Marone What!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom