who didnt show up to game? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

who didnt show up to game?

Dude, you serious? To say our fans did not show up is just plain wrong.

All week we were debating this question - who had the most fans. My final conclusion was LOU, MICH, SYR and then WICH. So we were 3rd. That said, the top 3 in my opinion, were all within striking distance of one another. Meaning that it was very close. A bunch of my friends thought we were second. But the fact that we could not figure it out speaks volumes.

Considering LOU expected to be here, is a huge school and not a far drive, and Michigan is a huge school with great fan support, a private school, the furthest away that got here totally unexpectedly, we did quite well as a fan base, thank you very much.

I agree, I was thinking what a real decent turnout for SU and our fans. I was there in Section 112...the sections directly across from that in the lower section and a few sections above slightly more to the right were just covered with SU fans and orange. There were a number of fans behind the band or where the CBS crew platform were located. When I looked up into the 300 sections, saw many orange fans, however, far more scatterred. I didn't have too many SU fans in my section, 112, row MM, a lot of UM. However, the ones that I were talking with before and during the game were very cool, had a lot of praise for JB and our program...Can't say the same for Louisville fans though, very pompous and arrogant...much like their brothers and sisters from their next of kin UK blood.

Obviously I have no idea where you sat, so clearly I'm just coming at this from my perspective from the people on the street and eyeballing from my seats in the Syracuse section. But I found very little difference in crowd size between Michigan and Syracuse (and Lville for that matter). All 3 were very well represented.

The way the game flowed, and its ugliness, probably didn't contribute to an A+ from a loudness perspective, but to say Syracuse fans didn't show up is rather ridiculous.

Unfortunately, we never had that "get loud" moment until James cut it to 1. The rest of the comeback was rather slow and methodical which didn't lend itself to a crazy loud moment.

Clearly Michigan fans were louder in the first half , they were leading the whole way, and they ultimately won the damn game. But the whole second half as we chipped away, the Syracuse fan section was standing the whole time. We sat down during breaks, but that was it.

But I can tell you where we did dominate -- the bars. Do any other fan bases drink?

I thought it was fairly even between LVille/Michigan/Cuse with Wichita State in 4th but still well represented. We werent loud because we sucked most of the game. You couldnt even tell there was Ville fans at the game until about 10 minutes left against Wichita State.

I think part of the issue was... Louisville fans and Wichita fans (at least around me) were cheering for Michigan as well. SU fans were simply drowned out.

I think the criticism was geared more to the lack of any cheering, especially at the end of the game as we were making the run. Some of us were yelling but a lot were not. The crowd can be the 6th man, and this was where it was needed. And no question, Michigan had very organized cheers. I was originally sitting behind the students, and could not take it. I moved to the Shocker section and then made my way across to the Syracuse section. In all fairness we were outnumbered a lot by the Michigan fans.
But I think overall we need to do better as fans. I went to SU in the Manley zoo days. We screamed, and our presence was always felt by the players.

I think part of the issue was... Louisville fans and Wichita fans (at least around me) were cheering for Michigan as well. SU fans were simply drowned out.

I was in Section 112 in seat #1, right across the aisle from the Louisville section. A majority of them were indeed cheering for Michigan. It seems a large number of Michigan fans also moved down into that section.

Problem is our fight song is a football song. We'd have to change the words.
Down down the court goes old Syracuse
Just watch the guards break the press and go through
Down down the court they are zoning
Fighting for the Orange staunch and true

Rah rah rah

Victory's in sight for old Syracuse
Each loyal son knows we never more will lose
And we'll fight yes we'll fight with all our might
For the glory of old Syracuse

But I can tell you where we did dominate -- the bars. Do any other fan bases drink?
Now THAT...I can agree with 100%...we kicked their asses in the bars!:D

I think we can blame that stupid a***clown sitting behind us during the game. He told me before the game that he was cheering for Syracuse, but as soon as we started getting loud, he started cheering (rudely) for Michigan. His friend (the Kentucky fan) even came over to me at the end of the game to apologize for his friend. That dude clearly screwed with our mojo.

If my pregnant wife wasn't there, I would have been MUCH more intoxicated, and I probably would have gone "old school" on that . Good thing my wife was there, or I'd probably be in the crowbar hotel right now...probably you too :D

Also, sorry bro, but giving that stuck up waitress (Ashley?) a Syracuse shirt was a big mistake on your part. She's a jinx with ears.

Yea, that dude was a tool. I should have been more of a to him. You're right about giving Ashley the shirt too, By that point I was pretty drunk, and she wanted one. I think I made her take it off at some point. What about that Allen guy, who came to the bar to watch the game with mee, and root for Cuse. Took off his jacket, and had a Michigan shirt on "oh bro, I wasent even thinking".. Idiot

Plus, I realized yesterday that I had changed belts Saturday morning. I had worn the same belt for every game, and switched it up for some reason... The hits just keep on coming

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom