who didnt show up to game? | Syracusefan.com

who didnt show up to game?

CusefanATL

2018 Iggy Post Season Record NCAA Winner
1. MCW
2. JAMES SOUTHERLAND
3. SYRACUSE FANS

I was there with thousands of other Cuse fans. Were you there? Glass houses...

I was there with thousands of other Cuse fans. Were you there? Glass houses...

Is that to me? Seriously? Did you happen to look at my handle?

Our fans were outnumbered by a ton. And our fans were quiet and sitting. The section behind the hoop even sat during 3/4ths of the 2nd half.

I was asked at least twice to sit down by cuse fans.

Another huge pet peeve - our only chant is lets go orange. I love it... but can we have a few more chants that the fans actually participate in.

Oh yeah, I was also in DC only to get outnumbered by IU fans. IU and Michigan both had great orchestrated chants.

Our fans were outnumbered by a ton. And our fans were quiet and sitting. The section behind the hoop even sat during 3/4ths of the 2nd half.

Another huge pet peeve - our only chant is lets go orange. I love it... but can we have a few more chants that the fans actually participate in.

Oh yeah, I was also in DC only to get outnumbered by IU fans. IU and Michigan both had great orchestrated chants.

Eh, tons of orchestrated chants with choreographed hand movements...nah.

I'm good with let's go orange, a lot of noise, and the occasional new chant that catches on "hey! You suck!" That was so disappointing that the SU admin. Killed that one.

I did always like the "you! You! You!" chant when an opponent got a foul, and wish it was brought back.

I do agree that the SU fans were quieter than I expected/hoped for.

Eh, tons of orchestrated chants with choreographed hand movements...nah.

I understand your apprehensiveness... especially with some of the cheesy stuff they have tried recently.

But i really liked IU's clapping chant and michigan had 2 cool 1's (1 with the alma mater iirc) and if you have ever heard rock chalk jayhawk... thats something amazing.

I'll admit it. I didn't show up to game. I was at the bar. I'll take the hit. Stop blaming our players for getting us to the final four. Blame Cusetroop for being drunk
I actually decided a few weeks ago to go ahead and place blanket blame on you for pretty much everything.

Dude, you serious? To say our fans did not show up is just plain wrong.

All week we were debating this question - who had the most fans. My final conclusion was LOU, MICH, SYR and then WICH. So we were 3rd. That said, the top 3 in my opinion, were all within striking distance of one another. Meaning that it was very close. A bunch of my friends thought we were second. But the fact that we could not figure it out speaks volumes.

Considering LOU expected to be here, is a huge school and not a far drive, and Michigan is a huge school with great fan support, a private school, the furthest away that got here totally unexpectedly, we did quite well as a fan base, thank you very much.

I understand your apprehensiveness... especially with some of the cheesy stuff they have tried recently.

But i really liked IU's clapping chant and michigan had 2 cool 1's (1 with the alma mater iirc) and if you have ever heard rock chalk jayhawk... thats something amazing.

IU claps through their fight song and it has a part where everyone yells IU at the end. That was about it. I wasn't overly impressed like some of the other fanbases we've seen over the years (mostly football). They were loud though when the game dictated it.

One thing I don't like about our hoops pep band is they play our fight song on super speed. Even if you wanted to clap along, you really can't. It's as if they're playing it because they have to, but they don't want to, so they try to get it over with quickly. But we do a hell of a job with the CBS college hoops theme song.

1. MCW
2. JAMES SOUTHERLAND
3. SYRACUSE FANS
???? while you guys in the lower level didn't see us, some of us in 302 were screaming, yelling etc our heads off...including being told to sit down by Michiganders. Having said that, I would not put this on the Fans.

That sucks. You try to be respectful of those sitting around you, but standing and screaming adds so much to the enviroment and psyche of the players. Hate to say it, but I'm guessing they were older folks... Kind of like at the dome?

Say what? The New York Times referred to the Verizon Center as Carrier Dome South.

I'll admit it. I didn't show up to game. I was at the bar. I'll take the hit. Stop blaming our players for getting us to the final four. Blame Cusetroop for being drunk

I think we can blame that stupid a***clown sitting behind us during the game. He told me before the game that he was cheering for Syracuse, but as soon as we started getting loud, he started cheering (rudely) for Michigan. His friend (the Kentucky fan) even came over to me at the end of the game to apologize for his friend. That dude clearly screwed with our mojo.

If my pregnant wife wasn't there, I would have been MUCH more intoxicated, and I probably would have gone "old school" on that . Good thing my wife was there, or I'd probably be in the crowbar hotel right now...probably you too :D

Also, sorry bro, but giving that stuck up waitress (Ashley?) a Syracuse shirt was a big mistake on your part. She's a jinx with ears.

IU claps through their fight song and it has a part where everyone yells IU at the end. That was about it. I wasn't overly impressed like some of the other fanbases we've seen over the years (mostly football). They were loud though when the game dictated it.

One thing I don't like about our hoops pep band is they play our fight song on super speed. Even if you wanted to clap along, you really can't. It's as if they're playing it because they have to, but they don't want to, so they try to get it over with quickly. But we do a hell of a job with the CBS college hoops theme song.
People need to learn our fight song.

It would be great to sing/clap that one a few times a game.

Our big chant should just be, dance, round man, DANCE!

Otto will catch on!

The section behind the hoop even sat during 3/4ths of the 2nd half.
You must've missed me among those people. I was the one in the Orange shirt, BTW. :)

I mentioned this to the gang at Siracusa's today (where were you, BTW?). I don't care for the "C A R D S... Cards" chant, but UM's are impressive... especially the non-word thing they do... very consuming of the arena. We need to do better.

I'm good with let's go orange, a lot of noise, and the occasional new chant that catches on "hey! You suck!" That was so disappointing that the SU admin. Killed that one.
The "Hey song" was after my time* on the Hill. One of the other bands played it, however. I started to go with it, but stopped when I realized that I was the only one among the fans (and queued students) to follow through.

* in my time, we followed a made opponent's free throw with something much nastier than "!". Students started to get booted for it. Looking back, it was a bit over the top, and much more clear, vocally, than the "Hey song".

Say what? The New York Times referred to the Verizon Center as Carrier Dome South.

We greatly outnumbered Marquette...

But IU had us by a bit numbers wise. And by a lot in the noise (when they had a reason the cheer)

michigan fans showed great support for their team. the 300 section was loud with michigan fans (sat behind the student section). couldn't stand being around them anymore.
sat opposite to the su fans. it did seem like michigan was a little more more into it at the start (their student section does a pretty good job), but syracuse fans really picked it up with 10-12 mins left.

that being said, being down there today, louisville looks like they have taken over the place. who knows, the rest of the michigan fans could be on their way down for tomorrow.

best sign of the weekend - michigan fan holding a sign with the number of timeouts left:
http://btn.com/2013/04/07/did-you-see-this-michigan-timout-sign/

I think the criticism was geared more to the lack of any cheering, especially at the end of the game as we were making the run. Some of us were yelling but a lot were not. The crowd can be the 6th man, and this was where it was needed. And no question, Michigan had very organized cheers. I was originally sitting behind the students, and could not take it. I moved to the Shocker section and then made my way across to the Syracuse section. In all fairness we were outnumbered a lot by the Michigan fans.
But I think overall we need to do better as fans. I went to SU in the Manley zoo days. We screamed, and our presence was always felt by the players.

Are you shocked? This is pretty much how things are in the dome. If we are expecting the fans to be rowdy like the other teams than we need to start that change in our own building, this is nothing new. At least our fans did have a presence there.

People need to learn our fight song.

It would be great to sing/clap that one a few times a game.
Problem is our fight song is a football song. We'd have to change the words.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom