Who do you want as the new OC? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Who do you want as the new OC?

Not my personal choices but some options

Andrew Breiner OC/QB FIU
Coached as Joe Moorhead’s OC at Fordham then took over as Fordham HC after he left.

Randy Clements OL/Running Game Ole Miss(fired)
Goes back to the Baylor coaching tree. Was OC/OL at Baylor while Dino was there. Ran a prolific offense of running and passing.
Breiner seems like a good fit. He would know how to use our pieces, he is from the Northeast, and he is young. FIU stunk this year though. But of the names he seems as good as any.

I’m not saying to do it, I’m saying Cassillo mentioning him has merit because of their past history at BG. Everyone else was flimsy connections.
Dino chose not to take the guy with him here or add him the last 5 years when we had holes in our staff.

Kevin Rogers.

Yes, after a two year hiatus due to back and hip issues, he’s back to coaching. An offensive assistant with the Browns.

He’s 70 years old.

Have you seen him recently?

Breiner seems like a good fit. He would know how to use our pieces, he is from the Northeast, and he is young. FIU stunk this year though. But of the names he seems as good as any.
I think he’ll wind up at Akron with Moorhead.

That is the link to the past with a touch of modern that I'd love.

Rogers was great with McNabb right?

McNabb and Graves. And the ND offense that broke plenty of passing records. The Randall kid at VT when he set VT passing records. Also Jackson and Favre at Minnesota.

I don’t see him doing much on the recruiting trail

His Twitter has some interesting retweets of Charlie Kirk and James Woods that would probably disappoint you.

Yes he wouldn’t be a recruiter. I’ve never looked at his twitter.

How about Willy Korn from Costal Carolina. Current OC/QBs coach. Is a young guy that has been involved in recruiting and overseeing special teams.

This is absolutely who I was going to suggest. Go get Willy Korn!

Andrew Breiner would be interesting. I mentioned him before when we first talking about Moorehead.

FIU went 1-11 but oddly enough the QB set FIU’s single-season passing record and the WR set their single season receiving record this year.

The WR looks like he’s hitting the portal and their stud OT already did this morning and we quickly offered him. The tackle is from NJ the wideout from Baltimore.

Last edited:
FIU went 1-11 but oddly enough the QB set FIU’s single-season passing record and the WR set their single receiving record this year.

The WR looks like he’s hitting the portal and their stud OT already did this morning and we quickly offered him. The tackle is from NJ the wideout from Baltimore.
He makes a lot of sense. If this were year 1 of Dino we can go out and get the best overall OC we can find. But given this could be Dino's last season we need the best OC that fits our current talent. He certainly fits that mold.

FIU went 1-11 but oddly enough the QB set FIU’s single-season passing record and the WR set their single receiving record this year.

I see the OT went to Milford. I don't follow recruiting closely but it seems like a few players from Milford have slipped through the cracks and had success at G5 schools lately. How do we not have a relationship anymore? Shouldn't we be IDing these kids?

The final decision will be Dino's, but the new OC will have a track record in developing QBs. JW seemed to stress that point.
Do those exist? We would need a guy who is on a staff that just got fired or an NFL guy who is on a staff that gets fired. Please no Jason Garret.

Edit

If that is the number 1 requirement IMO that shows that JW has a complete lack of understanding the situation. How can an OC develop someone by game 1 of next season? It just isn't happening. If this were year 1 of Dino then sure we can chose any OC and any system. Next season is Bowl or bust. We don't have time for development.

The final decision will be Dino's, but the new OC will have a track record in developing QBs. JW seemed to stress that point.
Someone mentioned Dave Warner in a another thread. He can develop QBs...

I’ll be shocked if it’s not Andrew Sowder. Or at least he is at the top of Dino’s list.

He’s on the “Dino Tree”, runs the offense that Dino has historically run. It’s a safe pick.
No. Please no. DB needs a different concept that he can meld with his existing system. Similar to the situation at ole miss. If we keep running the same O that everyone has figured out nothing will change.