Who do you want to see SU play in a bowl? | Syracusefan.com

Who do you want to see SU play in a bowl?

ECE '76

Scout Team
Ok, I know I'm getting way, way ahead of myself, after just one game.

I usually say Stanford, because we have never played them in football. I see a lot of fans hoping for Illinois to play against our previous QB. And of course, we seem to usually end up against WVU (a good rivalry) or Kansas State (for no good reason).

But this year I say: Mississippi State. The program that demoted Shrader to WR, and then didn't play him. The program that pilfered our Defensive Coordinator (Zach Arnett) apparently before he signed a contract. Mike Leach... yuck.

Thoughts?

I usually say Stanford, because we have never played them in football. I see a lot of fans hoping for Illinois to play against our previous QB. And of course, we seem to usually end up against WVU (a good rivalry) or Kansas State (for no good reason).

But this year I say: Mississippi State. The program that demoted Shrader to WR, and then didn't play him. The program that pilfered our Defensive Coordinator (Zach Arnett) apparently before he signed a contract. Mike Leach... yuck.

Thoughts?
I would like a piece of the Jets.

I am a Jets fan and have never seen them play a real game in person (though I did see an exhibition game; thanks Matt!).

And the Jets are beatable.

It is a good combo.

If not the Jets, then Michigan. Just to watch how Harbaugh reacts to another horrific loss.

Thoughts?
I like where your head is at. If you like cowbells, you will like this matchup even more.

will ferrell cowbell GIF

In no order

Navy in the Military Bowl
UCLA in the Holiday or Sun
Texas in the Cheese-It
Miss State in the Gator
Nebraska in the Pinstripe

I think if I had to pick right now, I’d say Alabama or Georgia as that would likely mean we go undefeated. Otherwise, I’ll just wait to see how we finish before choosing an opponent.

In no order

Navy in the Military Bowl
UCLA in the Holiday or Sun
Texas in the Cheese-It
Miss State in the Gator
Nebraska in the Pinstripe

I know beggars can't be choosers, but I like the bigger names. Texas or Nebraska, during their mediocre times, would be great.

I'd love to go to Annapolis because it's close, but odds are that won't be a name that excites many. And given Navy's loss to Delaware, seems like a bowl game is unlikely for them.

I know one thing, I don't want to play West Virginia again. Schedule a 4 game series down the line, but not another bowl game.

Surprised no one said Illinois.

Rutgers, I despise that program. I would love to get the game back from last year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom