Who is going to Dayton? | Syracusefan.com

Who is going to Dayton?

I am going to Chris Gedney's wake and funeral on Wednesday night and Thursday morning. Hate to miss the game, but I loved Chris (and Seely) so much that I have to be there for him and his family.

I think it might be the first Syracuse NCAA game I will have missed in more than 20 years.

Last edited:
I live near Detroit, so I'm debating if I should risk it and wait or make the three hour drive on Wednesday.

Do we know if Syracuse would be the day or night game on Friday?

I am going to Chris Gedney's wake and funeral on Wednesday night and Thursday morning. Hate to miss the game, but I loved Chris (and Seely) so much that I have to be there for him and his family.
All who are in attendance will cheer extra loud for you and all those who can't make it. CTO, please give the family all our love and condolences. Chris was one of the greats. On and off the field.

I'll be there. Live outside Toledo so it's an easy 2 hour drive for me. The arena is visible from 75. So happy right now. We're in and UConn, Georgetown, and Notre Dame aren't. Oh yeah, and Gotlieb is pissed right now.
Hopefully there is a better showing then the ACC tourney. Have Fun!!

Going to make the drive over from Indy on Wednesday night, anyone else plan on attending?

I live near Detroit, so I'm debating if I should risk it and wait or make the three hour drive on Wednesday.

If they win, I might do Detroit ( I am in Kalamazoo for my son's soccer)

Last edited:

9:40 pm start

I’m going! Don’t really know Dayton at all despite being from Cleveland and knowing Cincy very well. Been to Nutter Center at Wright St. a few times but that is other part of town.

I’m going! Don’t really know Dayton at all despite being from Cleveland and knowing Cincy very well. Been to Nutter Center at Wright St. a few times but that is other part of town.
3 hour ride from akron. Debating going or waiting to see if I should go to Detroit instead. Detroit closer and have a buddy in akron who is an MSU fan from Detroit.

Not sure if I could stay awake to drive back to akron post game.. Late drive solo!

3 hour ride from akron. Debating going or waiting to see if I should go to Detroit instead. Detroit closer and have a buddy in akron who is an MSU fan from Detroit.

Not sure if I could stay awake to drive back to akron post game.. Late drive solo!

Word. Detroit is fun these days. Is the game at the new arena downtown? The broad lives there. Tickets are pricey I guess. I’m going to Cincy after the Dayton game assuming I can drive there in one piece, ha.

You can do it. I drove down to Brooklyn from Syracuse on Tuesday, went to the game, and drove right back after the game because of the storm. Got in at 2:30am and was totally wired.

If they win, you’ll be so amped up that those three hours will fly by.

Haha, the Nutter Center is not exactly the most aesthetically pleasing sports venue of all time...

I'm going to be at Wright State's BBall practice tomorrow, I'm interested in hearing some of the Coaches' thoughts on the matchup with Tennessee... my initial thought is dealing with TN's athleticism in general is going to be hard to overcome for the Raiders

Haha, the Nutter Center is not exactly the most aesthetically pleasing sports venue of all time...

I'm going to be at Wright State's BBall practice tomorrow, I'm interested in hearing some of the Coaches' thoughts on the matchup with Tennessee... my initial thought is dealing with TN's athleticism in general is going to be hard to overcome for the Raiders

Tennessee can do some damage in this Tourney, IMO. Yeah, Nutter Center is junkyard. I’ve been in the locker rooms and catacombs there. Nothing was worse though than that Rosemont Horizon/AllState Arena out by O’Hare. That place SUCKS!

You can do it. I drove down to Brooklyn from Syracuse on Tuesday, went to the game, and drove right back after the game because of the storm. Got in at 2:30am and was totally wired.

If they win, you’ll be so amped up that those three hours will fly by.

Wow... but what if we lose? ;)

Maybe I'm weird, but I absolutely love old, dumpy, rickety sports venues. I just find them so much more interesting than brand new arenas.

My brother driving in from Columbus and cousin driving in from Indy. A few others going with all reppin Orange.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom