Who is going to Dayton? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Who is going to Dayton?

Maybe I'm weird, but I absolutely love old, dumpy, rickety sports venues. I just find them so much more interesting than brand new arenas.

I hear ya. Nutter from experience is nothing like one of those historic and rusted out gems though. It’s just a dated square box which holds the athletic department or at least parts of it as well. Really boring. It sort of feels older than it actually when you’re inside. Just real drab and boring.

Last edited:
Where is the meet up spot/bar pre game Wednesday? Alumni association have anything planned?

Well, looks like it's sold out (ticketmaster), so nevermind I guess..!

Well, looks like it's sold out (ticketmaster), so nevermind I guess..!

Damnit! Meant to do it last night and just was about to order. I can’t really make Detroit after all so was planning on going to this. Nothing on Stubhub. The meeting party is set for 4:30 at Warped Wing Brewery though. I think I am still going to go and hope for the best.

Damnit! Meant to do it last night and just was about to order. I can’t really make Detroit after all so was planning on going to this. Nothing on Stubhub. The meeting party is set for 4:30 at Warped Wing Brewery though. I think I am still going to go and hope for the best.

Yeah, I moved very slow on this. I guess I was not expecting it to be so popular. Also was still on fence about going and hoping to convince another to join, so that didn't help speed things up.

Yeah, I moved very slow on this. I guess I was not expecting it to be so popular. Also was still on fence about going and hoping to convince another to join, so that didn't help speed things up.

Yeah, I was waiting about Detroit potential. Also didn’t expect them to be gone so soon.

Yeah, I was waiting about Detroit potential. Also didn’t expect them to be gone so soon.

Still tickets to Detroit. Expensive though. But you get multiple games, right?

Where is the meet up spot/bar pre game Wednesday? Alumni association have anything planned?

Warped Wing Brewery at 430. The SU gal in Cincy running the alumni association has it all setup. She said the game can be watched there too for those without tickets. I was planning on buying mine an hour ago but they are all gone everywhere. The beer is supposed to be crazy good. A couple of friends I trust said it is on point.

There is a great steak restaurant near the University called the Pine Club. It is a little pricey but the steaks are well worth the money. It is on Brown Street. It is hard to get in, so definitely make reservations instead of doing a drop in.

There is a great steak restaurant near the University called the Pine Club. It is a little pricey but the steaks are well worth the money. It is on Brown Street. It is hard to get in, so definitely make reservations instead of doing a drop in.

Cash only from what I hear. Old school but dated place, right? Still supposed to be really good I think.

Cash only from what I hear. Old school but dated place, right? Still supposed to be really good I think.
Yes, I forgot to say that. Definitely old school. No frills.

Try Craigslist Dayton. There were a ton on there yesterday. Not terribly overpriced either.

Craigslist Dayton came through. Got mine reserved. The guy meeting me at Warped Wing has a pair of 2 left as of late morning in the 200 sections behind the basket. $70 each. Not bad. The cheapest through Mark’s tickets end up around $80+ with the fees.

Try Craigslist Dayton. There were a ton on there yesterday. Not terribly overpriced either.
giphy.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom