Who is left on the table for the Big 10? | Syracusefan.com

Who is left on the table for the Big 10?

chakka3421

All Conference
Dont get me wrong, I like the prospects of going to the ACC even given the recent shake up.

However, if the B1G follows the same strategy of contiguous state realignment, all that's left to snag in major conferences are the following teams located in the states of Missouri, Kansas, Kentucky, West Virginia, Virginia and NY. That's it if I have my geography correct.

Given all the teams in those states, who is left on the table that best fits the B1G expansion. Sorry guys, but given geography, I think Syracuse is in play by default. And Syracuse has a lot to offer in many different ways.

Obviously the B1G would take ND first first and foremost and Texas even if its outside the geographic boundary. But who else in in play besides those 2 colleges?

Lets just say that the B1G does not have a shortage of potential candidates looking to join their conference.

I don't think the Big Ten will be happy until it gathers in Cambridge, Oxford, Punaho Academy in Hawaii and Tokyo University.

Those schools might satisfy Jim Delaney's ego - or maybe not.

There is no "contiguous state" rule, that rumor was debunked by the B1G front office around the time Nebraska was added. Recall that the B1G is perfectly willing to take Texas and fly over states to get them.

I don't think the Big Ten will be happy until it gathers in Cambridge, Oxford, Punaho Academy in Hawaii and Tokyo University.

Those schools might satisfy Jim Delaney's ego - or maybe not.

You left out the major Universities in India and China, 2.5-3 billion fans is simply to hard to pass up. even at a nickle per TV set, that is a lot of TVs and the growth potential is off the charts!

I think the B1G would want

1. Texas (and whoever they require)
2. ND (and whoever they require)
3. UVA/UNC (expands into SE kills ACC)
4. SU/BC (if they want to kick the ACC out of the NE and entice ND)
5. Pitt (they fit and ND)
6. Mizzou (stick it to SEC and add MW markets)
7. KU (brand)
8. ISU (only because they are AAU and Iowa politics)

I would be surprised if they went for GA Tech as it would be a huge outlier.