Who is more likely to be back next year? | Syracusefan.com

Who is more likely to be back next year?

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
Ennis
Grant
both
neither
?

If we have a healthy Grant and McCullough (if up to expectations) we'll be dangerous.

At this point I still say neither. This "stacked" draft isn't looking as hot as it was in the Fall and both are lottery picks now.

If anyone comes back, it will be Ennis. This injury just pushes Grant towards leaving. I don't think it's anything that would cause long-term NBA concerns, but why should he risk hurting his stock by coming back.

Cuban has very good points about CBB not "helping" the NBA develop players. His idea about NBA teams providing scholarships and mandatory "life skills" training to D League players is a good one. CBB would be fine if players who came to college were staying 3 years instead of guys who come to campus with one foot (or both) out the door the moment they arrive.

At this point I still say neither. This "stacked" draft isn't looking as hot as it was in the Fall and both are lottery picks now.

If anyone comes back, it will be Ennis. This injury just pushes Grant towards leaving. I don't think it's anything that would cause long-term NBA concerns, but why should he risk hurting his stock by coming back.

Cuban has very good points about CBB not "helping" the NBA develop players. His idea about NBA teams providing scholarships and mandatory "life skills" training to D League players is a good one. CBB would be fine if players who came to college were staying 3 years instead of guys who come to campus with one foot (or both) out the door the moment they arrive.
Disagree about Grant. About 2 weeks ago I thought he was gone, but this injury could definitely hurt his draft stock. I think scouts want to see more from him this year before making him a lottery pick.

Except it is the nBA that has the one and done rule, not the NCAA.

Except it is the nBA that has the one and done rule, not the NCAA.

I realize that. Cuban's talking about doing something other the NBA going to a 2 and done rule. I also understand that as an owner in the NBA, he doesn't care about the NCAA, only what is good for his business. I think a systemic change is good for both parties. We can argue this all day, but both the NCAA and NBA are suffering from the one and done rule- it doesn't truly work for either.

I like the guy "Both." He plays really well most of the time, with a few bad plays here and there. Both is a good team player.

I like the guy "Both." He plays really well most of the time, with a few bad plays here and there. Both is a good team player.
Mark Cuban couldn't care less about the NCAA and their schools.

Grant isn't nearly ready, and I don't want to hear about potential. He's 2-3 years away from being close to reaching his potential. He's a good dunker and he twists well. He's got that.

Ennis needs to get stronger, faster and work on his defense and jumper.

Grant can be a Gerald Wallace type but well see...still a ways away

LOL. I guess they both should have refused to play the rest of the season once they were projected in the lottery. What a joke all of this is. I still say a player is gone until proven otherwise just because I refuse to get my hopes up.

Both are coming back

I tend to agree.

Both have substantial improvements that they can make which will enhance their draft position next year.

Grant isn't nearly ready, and I don't want to hear about potential. He's 2-3 years away from being close to reaching his potential. He's a good dunker and he twists well. He's got that.

Ennis needs to get stronger, faster and work on his defense and jumper.[/quote

They can do that while making millions.

I thought the Ennis hype train was very overblown. I thought it was a product of our team's success. I'd say Tyler coming back is much more likely.

In this day and age, have to assume they will go if they have a shot. However, I predict if either leaves this year, they are out of the league in three years.

Both back...Jerami's brother is in the draft this year, does he or his family want them both I together? Tyler's father is knowledgeable, and we can hope won't jump on promises but make sure he is in a good position to have longevity.

Grant can be a Gerald Wallace type but well see...still a ways away
I've been trying to think of a comparison for him for awhile...this is pretty good although GW is really an underrated player. Wonder if he winds up like a bosh type.

I think Ennis is more likely only because he can be the #1 PG overall next year and I think that matters. He can work on his outside shot, get a little stronger and work on his transition game/finishing near the rim. His path to improvement is pretty clear.

With that said, I think anyone who is lottery or almost lottery is always gone.

I've been trying to think of a comparison for him for awhile...this is pretty good although GW is really an underrated player. Wonder if he winds up like a bosh type.

Bosh was an efficient go to scorer. Had a good jumper to complement / set up his driving game from the elbow.

Just don't see that scoring potential in Grant. Wallace is probably a better comparison.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom