Who is more likely to be back next year? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Who is more likely to be back next year?

headmaster9 said:
Both back...Jerami's brother is in the draft this year, does he or his family want them both I together? Tyler's father is knowledgeable, and we can hope won't jump on promises but make sure he is in a good position to have longevity.

I thought Jerami's brother said he was going back to Notre Dame next year?

I'll stick with my original guess, which is all we're doing. Ennis stays and Grant goes. Rok, McCullough, Roberson, Ennis and Cooney is your starting lineup next year.

Grant can be a Gerald Wallace type but well see...still a ways away

It always reminds me of how far out of touch I am with the NBA when I have to Google names like that, and even then I have no idea who it is. :)

At this point I still say neither. This "stacked" draft isn't looking as hot as it was in the Fall and both are lottery picks now.

If anyone comes back, it will be Ennis. This injury just pushes Grant towards leaving. I don't think it's anything that would cause long-term NBA concerns, but why should he risk hurting his stock by coming back.

Cuban has very good points about CBB not "helping" the NBA develop players. His idea about NBA teams providing scholarships and mandatory "life skills" training to D League players is a good one. CBB would be fine if players who came to college were staying 3 years instead of guys who come to campus with one foot (or both) out the door the moment they arrive.
The preponderance of short timers on the top teams makes a mockery out of college BB. The fans will catch on and ratings will decline unless there is change in the NBA eligibility rules.

Ennis
Grant
both
neither
?

If we have a healthy Grant and McCullough (if up to expectations) we'll be dangerous.

For their best interest I think both should come back but with our recent history of making sure the 'student' athlete is making the grade...will they have a choice?

Also, I wish it wasn't so but when I see McCullough mentioned I think Winfred Walton.

Sorry I'm normally not a Debbie Downer...

Both should absolutely come back because they're both not ready to contribute at the NBA level... Both Could go lottery.. One thing to be drafted in the lottery and another to stay on the roster nowadays

The preponderance of short timers on the top teams makes a mockery out of college BB. The fans will catch on and ratings will decline unless there is change in the NBA eligibility rules.

The NBA doesn't care a flying fig about college basketball, nor about the kids who jump early.

I have a really hard time seeing either of these guys doing well in the pros without another year. Sure they are both very good players but they both have huge holes in their games. JG cant shoot to save his life and lacks strength and a decent handle. I dont think i have seen him dribble the ball more than two or three times all year. E is solid but again lacks strength and lacks an outside shot. His drives in the lane will result in nothing in the pros. MCW has the length to go to the rack not so with E. In the NBA this is crucial.

I'll stick with my original guess, which is all we're doing. Ennis stays and Grant goes. Rok, McCullough, Roberson, Ennis and Cooney is your starting lineup next year.

While I'd love to have Grant back, I think a lot of people are forgetting what a talent Roberson is.

I like that lineup a lot.

I think both would be better served improving their games and proving their NBA worth. Whether or not that happens, I have no idea. I have no idea how Grant could be a lottery pick. I think he's a fringe first rounder because his offensive game is so limited. There are enough 6'7"-6'9" NBA players with actual offensive games. Grant doesn't have that and his jump shot is a major issue. Throw in his current back issues and I just don't think it'd be best for him to leave now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom