Who is our best player? | Syracusefan.com

Who is our best player?

Shark58

BANNED
BoL8fCLIEAEpGja-300x300.jpg

discuss...

As we speak, its DaJuan.
I agree but AW is close. Imo, they're the only two playing at their potential with some kind of consistency. Coleman is slow to defend the high post but he is dutiful on the boards and scoring. AW is a shooter and can be streaky but he has kept us in almost every game.

The other guys are either inconsistent or underperforming. I expect way more from them. That's why DC wins in my book even if you say it's by default. He's bringing it on both ends.

Who should be our best player? Lydon or Battle.

BoL8fCLIEAEpGja-300x300.jpg

discuss...
Up until a few years ago, there were regular threads during the season in which posters ranked the performance of scholarship players. It was highly subjective, of course, as some based their rankings on most recent performance, while others based it the totality of the season and other criteria. As I recall, some people were strongly opposed to these threads and they were eventually stopped.

Coleman. He does his job, no one else does.

White -- there are flaws, obviously -- but I don't really think there has been any question that over the first 8 games he has been our best player (as a whole). Whether he is indeed our best players is one thing, but he has been the most valuable player so far. You take the good w/ the bad.

i'd say based on the numbers it's clearly A-trey. the only cuse player in the top 40 in conference scoring. but based on potential i'd say battle. he's clearly shown some outside range but needs to start exploding to the basket to be a real threat. white is certainly gone next year and with our recent luck battle jumps before realising that full potential. lydon ? he's got the size and skills to be special but is not getting the job done.

The fact we don't know is part of the problem. DC the last 3 or so games. Battle is coming along. Lydon should be our best player. White has been relatively consistent. Too close to call. ;)

White. I don't think it's even close. Coleman is playing hard and can rebound but White is averaging like 16 or 17 points a game and shooting close to 40% from 3 I would think. He is doing what we need him to do.

Interesting. Lots of folks here equate best scorer with best player. I don't. Two sides of the court and all...

It has to be Lydon. He does more of everything. He hasn't necessarily done it this year, but he's the most well-rounded player we have.

Lydon imo is the best player, but this is really subjective. It would be great if things ran through him a lot more.

It should be Lydon.

Right now it's White or DC.

You are correct it is White or DC - and I used too think it should be Lydon - after the last 4 games I realize we are wrong - what is it that Lydon can do? he's a tall good shooter and average to above average rebounder - but all he can do offensively is shoot - nothing else - can he score in the post? hell no - can he put the ball on the floor and get to the rim - hell no - he's an ok player - we ain't going anywhere if we are relying on him to score - which is our problem - we do not have one scorer - not one - we have some deep shooters and nothing else

You are correct it is White or DC - and I used too think it should be Lydon - after the last 4 games I realize we are wrong - what is it that Lydon can do? he's a tall good shooter and average to above average rebounder - but all he can do offensively is shoot - nothing else - can he score in the post? hell no - can he put the ball on the floor and get to the rim - hell no - he's an ok player - we ain't going anywhere if we are relying on him to score - which is our problem - we do not have one scorer - not one - we have some deep shooters and nothing else

Love your optimistic, refreshing look on the game as it's played by SU's squad.

I really disagree with this take. People overrate one on one play(creating your own shot it's called), especially on this board.

Did you forget about last year?

The kid is the all time leader in blocked shots in a single NCAA tournament, shot 40% from three last year, is a solid(not great)rebounder, and a very good passer.

If he shoots when he's open, and he's open a lot he will be a great college player and prove that he's a legit NBA talent.

I really disagree with this take. People overrate one on one play(creating your own shot it's called), especially on this board.

Did you forget about last year?

The kid is the all time leader in blocked shots in a single NCAA tournament.

I think that is just by freshman, but the point remains. He's capable of doing a lot.

White will be our best player . Lydon is in a bit of a funk but i have always seen him as more of an intangible player than a lights our scorer or even rebounder . he plays the 3 but i dont understand all the nba love. not sure what he translates to at this point. hope he stays and develops.

Interesting. Lots of folks here equate best scorer with best player. I don't. Two sides of the court and all...

It has to be Lydon. He does more of everything. He hasn't necessarily done it this year, but he's the most well-rounded player we have.
Maybe I misunderstood. I thought it was our best player right now as in who is playing the best.

Part of the problem right now is we do not have a go to player that demands the ball with the game on the line. All great teams have one leader who can be depended upon in the clutch. Now we have a few players who could be that guy but no one has stepped up and claimed the title.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom