Who is the "jewel " of this clas thus far? | Syracusefan.com

Who is the "jewel " of this clas thus far?

CaliCuse

All American
I think its gotta be between Allen and Edwards. An argument could be made for Carter but my choice is Zach Allen because of his immediate pending importance Pending for 2013 of course. Edwards is important for a number of reasons but our depth at RB allowed for a miss on him .:rolleyes: We hit a home run on the swing and I'm happy about that. His video looks more impressive than I originally thought.

You tell us cali. Who is going to be your love child this year?lol :)

1. Allen
2. W Williams
3. A Edwards

That would be my order ... I think W. Williams will pay huge dividends up front ... we've needed a good run stuffer to bring our defense to the next level ... I think he is the big cog we've been missing for a while now, he and Crume are going to be a nightmare for opposing OLines.

1. Allen
2. W Williams
3. A Edwards

That would be my order ... I think W. Williams will pay huge dividends up front ... we've needed a good run stuffer to bring our defense to the next level ... I think he is the big cog we've been missing for a while now, he and Crume are going to be a nightmare for opposing OLines.
Valid opinion. But we do have a big DT coming in this year who might fill that bill.

Put them along side each other next year and we might have the proverbial immovable object!! Like matter and anti- matter . Waiting to meet and wipe each other out in the classic big bang without Sheldon.:rolling:

Have to go with Allen followed by Edwards and Williams.

Valid opinion. But we do have a big DT coming in this year who might fill that bill.

Put them along side each other next year and we might have the proverbial immovable object!! Like matter and anti- matter . Waiting to meet and wipe each other out in the classic big bang without Sheldon.:rolling:

The DT we have coming in isn't ready like Williams ... kid is 6'5" and 350 lbs ... that is NFL size baby! I can't wait to see him devour some of the OLines we come across ... have we ever had a DT that large? I know Antonio Anderson was a big dude ... 6'6" or so and over 300 lbs when he left as a senior to join the Cowboys ... but man Williams is ginormous! He is literally BJ Raji size ...

1. Allen
2. W Williams
3. A Edwards

I think that's a pretty good list. Allen is a compelling QB prospect for sure, but he's valuable because he's also made himself a factor in recruiting.

Edwards because landing him helps validate SU's recruiting strategy of cementing the program as New York's team.

Williams because he has the tools to be an SEC-caliber defensive lineman, and DTs are at such a premium.

According to a source who started this thread, Gus Edwards is the front-runner for the Heisman in 2014. Just an fyi.

Allen.
What he's doing for our program before he even steps foot on campus shows true dedication and loyalty to the team like no one else has in a while.

Hopefully the jewel of this recruiting class is that it brings in sufficient talent to allow the coaching staff to be successful with their scheme on offense.

That's just one man's opinion.

I would have to say Zach Allen. He hasn't even visited campus yet. Let that sink in! This kid is a top 20 QB who committed, and is 100% firm on that commitment, after a video conference via skype showed him the campus. On top of that, he is helping recruit other players to the 'Cuse. Quite amazing actually and shows how impressive our staff can be at identifying and holding onto quality talent before big boys come calling.

I think its gotta be between Allen and Edwards. An argument could be made for Carter but my choice is Zach Allen because of his immediate pending importance Pending for 2013 of course. Edwards is important for a number of reasons but our depth at RB allowed for a miss on him .:rolleyes: We hit a home run on the swing and I'm happy about that. His video looks more impressive than I originally thought.
Define "thus far."
In retrospect, Chandler Jones was probably the "jewel" of the 2008 recruiting class, even though at the time he was only a 2 star recruit with no other offers. On the other hand, Averin Collier was the most highly rated recruit in that class.

According to a source who started this thread, Gus Edwards is the front-runner for the Heisman in 2014. Just an fyi.
But that's only if Jemere Knox doesn't pop up somewhere.

OK 'll settl for Dom Timbers or even Barry Baker and Preaster.
Idris Price or bust. He was the jewel of about 10 of PP's classes.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2