Who is the second midfield this year? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Who is the second midfield this year?

I believe Seebold actually replaced Dordevic as well when he pulled a muscle in the second half and got some run on the 1st line.

We can agree to disagree but I am almost certain Lipka replaced Dordevic on the first line when he pulled up hurt. I am not sure who replaced Lipka on the second - maybe this was Seebold? I was surprised that Buttermore did not replace Dordevic, I think this is why its stuck in my head. We may never know since the full game is not available online.

We can agree to disagree but I am almost certain Lipka replaced Dordevic on the first line when he pulled up hurt. I am not sure who replaced Lipka on the second - maybe this was Seebold? I was surprised that Buttermore did not replace Dordevic, I think this is why its stuck in my head. We may never know since the full game is not available online.

I have the full game DVR'd, I will check today at some point.

OK double checked and Lipka did run with the 1's for the 1 shift Dordevic missed. Appears Quinn may have been hurt and Seebold got the runs with the 2 that day as I don't believe Quinn played.

I don't get Quinn- small, slow, inaccurate. Am I missing something?
For every good move, Quinn makes 4 incomprehensible ones. In my own experience, I remember how players attained reputations as "practice players". World beaters against their own teammates, useless against the other teams. The label may be a crude slur, but there seemed to be rare irrefutable cases. Many times it takes maturation to overcome the label, but sometimes kids don't have the time. Quinn's failures seem to me to be brain breakdowns rather than athletic bloopers. In practice, he probably gets lots of playing time. He gets comfortable. Relaxes. Maybe with more game experience...

For every good move, Quinn makes 4 incomprehensible ones. In my own experience, I remember how players attained reputations as "practice players". World beaters against their own teammates, useless against the other teams. The label may be a crude slur, but there seemed to be rare irrefutable cases. Many times it takes maturation to overcome the label, but sometimes kids don't have the time. Quinn's failures seem to me to be brain breakdowns rather than athletic bloopers. In practice, he probably gets lots of playing time. He gets comfortable. Relaxes. Maybe with more game experience...

Quinn gives me Pat Perritt vibes in terms of style and body type. Hopefully he has a similar strong finish to his career.

I think Quinn is pressing, trying to make an impact in order to get more playing time. Leads to a lot of poor shots and playing catch with the goalie.

Quinn gives me Pat Perritt vibes in terms of style and body type. Hopefully he has a similar strong finish to his career.

Perritt was a heck of a player, you could see the talent as a frosh. If he can finish his career anywhere close to what Perritt did, we would all be thrilled.

Agree on Buttermore. If not for Trimbo returning, I would have expected him to break first line.

Agree with this. Also want to point out that some players don't take a normal trajectory in college and big expectations can hamstring some highly sought after players. Salcido (like Jeremy pointed out) and Marasco come to mind as some players who showed flashes and then broke out, Salcido for his junior year and Marasco with a huge senior year. But wondering if Quinn takes a more under the radar sort of route - thinking here of Max Bartig.

An Under Armor All American, like Quinn, who had very underwhelming point totals for his first three years on campus (scored three goals his freshmen year for a career high). But he seemed to come out of nowhere for a senior year that saw him finish with 13 goals and 3 assists - not All American worthy but a pretty good year for a player who totaled just six total points in the three previous years. Quinn clearly has the talent, he just needs to make smarter decisions on the field. Hopefully he follows Bartig's model and connects the dots in his fourth year.

Buttermore is the only lock. Last season was such a blur I either don't remember it or nothing stands out re: Quinn, who is more stout than small. I think it says more about the development of Magnan and Fiorini if they can't break into the second line. I fancied the Kim's and think we'll miss them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom