Who should ACC take for 14? | Syracusefan.com

Who should ACC take for 14?

Stevenson

2023 Cali Award Winner Pts Against & Passing Yards
Loss of Maryland is a positive.

Who should replace them? Louisville, Vandy, Cincy?

no it isn't

i was looking forward to playing them

now we are back to instability

Stability is a myth.

MD is one of the most poorly run athletic departments in the history of civilized man.

I'd take Louisville. Well capitalized Athletic department and quality sports programs. There is room for an academic lightweight at the table.

MD is one of the most poorly run athletic departments in the history of civilized man.

Then why does them going to the Big 10 sound like such a sure thing to you? The news that it'll be "announced on Monday" raises all kinds of red flags.

With all the talk about academics and the ACC, I doubt Louisville would be the choice. Can we trade MD for PSU? Even up?

Athletically I'd take LVille... but Academics count... it'll be UConn

There is no way uconn does not jump at the chance to get the hell out of the big east. Not surprised maryland is bolting. They cant compete in football and soon will be 6th fiddle at least in hoops.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Stability is a myth.

+1,000, damn shame how they cast off the Fridge, then to turn around and hire freaking Happy Feet.

I wouldn't trust their AD with a nickel much less have him at the wheel for this.

Would kill for Ville. Ville brings in as much money as some SEC teams.

There is no way uconn does not jump at the chance to get the hell out of the big east. Not surprised maryland is bolting. They cant compete in football and soon will be 6th fiddle at least in hoops.

So, they want to pay $50M just to be in exactly the same place they are now?

I hope we aren't forgetting about Notre Dame, too.

So, they want to pay $50M just to be in exactly the same place they are now?

BigTen members make something like twice as much money. They make more money than SEC members.

They probably think more $$ = better facilities = better recruits = more wins.

BigTen members make something like twice as much money. They make more money than SEC members.

They probably think more $$ = better facilities = better recruits = more wins.
I think twice as much is probably an exaggeration. Any of the posters who have posted in the past about conference payouts want to refresh us as to how much B1G members make, as compared to the ACC (when the new contract kicks in)? Thanks.

And Maryland is going to be competitive in the Big 10 in football?

I may take up knitting as a hobby if the ACC chose the Ville or Cincy.

I say u back door this and invite rutgers. Let Maryland go and stick the b1g looking for a 14th.

Protect the Atlantic Coast!!!!

I may take up knitting as a hobby if the ACC chose the Ville or Cincy.
I would think Cinci is a non-starter. L'ville is a tougher call, but their academics blow.

I wouldn't bet the mortgage money on this happening. The final decision will be made by the Trustees and President. While Kevin Plack may have the biggest balls among the Trustees money talks only so far. Culturally, Maryland is ACC through and through. Yes, the CIC presents excellent collaborative research opportunities and the taxpayer dollars those research dollars attract. But so does the ACC. Maryland may have a love/hate relationship with the Virginia and Carolina schools but they have absolutely no relationship with the B1G schools other than Penn State. Maryland is about lacrosse. The B1G is about ice hockey. I just can't see Maryland's administration trading in a 60-year relationship with the other original ACC schools for a relationship with a bunch of midwestern schools because of the chance to make a few million more dollars for their football team. Bottom line: while the respective ADs may be talking, and boosters may be talking, and respective presidents might even be talking, I don't think anyone can say this is a "done deal."

Maryland is gone they don't go public without committing to go. The ONLY chance they don't go is if the Under Armour alum and 90% of Maryland's alumni hate this move. I doubt they do and they will be gone for 2014. The B1G owns Penn State' GOR till 2027 with that said if I am Swofford I go to the ACC AD's and say even though Penn State doesn't bring value in the near present this about survival and we can survive if we bite the bullet and take less money in the present to bring Penn State to the ACC. Next thing you do is get every ACC school to sign away their GOR along with the exit fee and you move onto trying to get Notre Dame to become a full member.

ND, RU, PSU, Vandy, Yukon... in that order.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom