Who still hates the Zone? | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Who still hates the Zone?

I'm not debating Gmacs play, I'm debating the defense played on the 2 three pointers. They were both wide open and the guys who should've/would've guarded them were nowhere near them because of the zone. Keep watching it over and over and just answer me where the guy who defended the shot was and why he wasn't guarding the shooter.

No, Mopa Njila made his shot because Gmac (nearly typed out Cooney - guess I have a bias here) was late on the rotation.

I play man to man defense all the time. Even against the best shooters, and I play against guys who make NBA threes, I would never guard a guy as far back as Sorrentine was.

mike plays man knowing full well he'll get hammered occasionally but knowing full well that when he gets a post presence, like last year, he'll win it all. jb goes tavern knowing he'll only win if melo has a kid.
Ummmm...
upload_2016-1-20_17-47-40.png

No, Mopa Njila made his shot because Gmac (nearly typed out Cooney - guess I have a bias here) was late on the rotation.

I play man to man defense all the time. Even against the best shooters, and I play against guys who make NBA threes, I would never guard a guy as far back as Sorrentine was.

What's funny is, when I was typing that I almost typed in Cooney myself.

Yes, he was late on the rotation, would he have been late if he had one job to do which was stay in front of the defender to either stop him from getting the ball on the pass or even make a half attempt at playing defense on the three point play?

Listen, I'm one of the biggest fans of the 2/3 zone (look at my name), there is nobody else who will defend it more than me as a dominate defense but there are situations you do not play it.

And the reason we lost to UVM was not the zone, and I know he's everyones favorite and he had a great career here, but Gerry was horrible that day. He shot like 4-18. Warrick had about 12 turnovers. It was one of the worst offensive performances I've ever seen. Worse than Dayton two years ago and I was at both games.

When your offense is struggling that bad in the half court why not try to force the issue on defense and get some easy baskets off turnovers.

When your offense is struggling that bad in the half court why not try to force the issue on defense and get some easy baskets off turnovers.

Isn't the zone designed to create turnovers? I mean G and Cooney lead the ACC in steals.

Isn't the zone designed to create turnovers? I mean G and Cooney lead the ACC in steals.
yes but they'd be blowing away the all-time ncaa steals record if they were playing m2m

yes but they'd be blowing away the all-time ncaa steals record if they were playing m2m

Maybe not--they'd have different responsiblities in m2m than playing passing lanes, where they force so many now.

Maybe not--they'd have different responsiblities in m2m than playing passing lanes, where they force so many now.

I believe he was being sarcastic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom