Who wanted HCFB to go for two and the win, even just a little? | Syracusefan.com

Who wanted HCFB to go for two and the win, even just a little?

HtownOrange

Living Legend
In regulation, SU scored, 37-38. A part of me wanted the the two=point conversion and the in in regulation. My head knows HCFB made the right call, UNLV was gassed and we would score. But my heart recalled the WVU win to seal the deal on 11-0 and my heart wanted the two points.

In regulation, SU scored, 37-38. A part of me wanted the the two=point conversion and the in in regulation. My head knows HCFB made the right call, UNLV was gassed and we would score. But my heart recalled the WVU win to seal the deal on 11-0 and my heart wanted the two points.
I thought about it

I wanted to because I didn't trust our kicking game. I did not feel great at all when we were going to have to line up to miss a 40 yd FG in overtime, kinda proved to me we should've went for 2, but glad we won regardless.

Not me I was super confident our defense would hold them to 3 in OT

IMG_0541.jpeg

I did. I wasn’t 100%, tho.

And remember if they didn’t bail us out with a 15 yard roughing our STs would have been lining up for a non chip-shot FG to extend the game.

Last edited:
If it weren't for how many plays UNLV defense played, I might've wanted to

I didn't trust special teams, that was the only reason it crossed my mind to go for two

Last edited:
I thought for a moment that HCFB would go for 2. It would’ve made sense, but I probably wouldn’t have.

Right move was to go for 2, it worked out but that doesn’t mean it was the right play.
I dont think going for 2 makes any sense . Now if we had missed XPs or FGs with the Cornell kid than maybe. But in a game where you have run 50 more plays OT is your friend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom