who wants to win the ACC tourney ? | Syracusefan.com

who wants to win the ACC tourney ?

Not really concerned with the ACC tourney. Might be in our best interest to win a few, at least one, but ultimately it means nothing, I never felt that way about the BE tourney.

tbonezone said:
imo anything less is now a failure !

Then be prepared for a failure.

All about getting healthy for the ncaas

are we holding jerami grant out the next 2 games? you know to get healthy for the tourney. cuz 20 minutes ain't no better than 40 back wise.

Last edited:
imo anything less is now a failure !
I never believed we could waltz into N.C. and win the ACC tourney in our first year on Duke/UNC's home floor (essentially). Now that we are playing like crap, and not executing in the last 5 minutes like we used to be, and got blown the crap out today, I think our chances are significantly diminished.

if we wanna say we owned this league the only option now is to win the tourney. else wise we're also rans.

I want to win the ACC tourney and I suspect the team does as well. I think our desires should be the same as theirs.

If it wasn't for last season's conference tourney, we probably would not have made the NCAA tourney run.

I couldn't care less about it. I would rather have Syracuse mail in a "decline" on their invite and try to get rested and healthy. The team's problems are 100% related to mental and physical fatigue and injuries. None of those will be cured by the ACC Tournament.

Duke hangs banners for:

1. Regular season championships
2. ACC Tournament titles
3. Final Four Appearances

One out of three ain't bad.

Yes, I like sports. Of course I want to win the ACC Tourney. i wanted to win the Maui Invitational. All of these board members who put all their eggs in the NCAA tourney basket and thus fail to enjoy the ride are missing out.

Winning ACC titles (both reg season and Tourney titles) are important. Along with NCAA performance, Its what separates elite programs from very good programs. Elite programs win lots of trophies. Never really understood those that only find importance in the NCAA Tourney.

Duke hangs banners for:

1. Regular season championships
2. ACC Tournament titles
3. Final Four Appearances

One out of three ain't bad.
I have been assured by many Duke fans that they NEVER hang banners for #1. The only thing that matters is the ACC tourney. I am serious, folks. I haven't been in Cameron since 1979, so it may be my friends are mistaken. But I don't think they are. ??

I just want to win the last two regular season games and the way we are playing it's not a given.
The ACC tournament-one game would be fine with me. then rest.

Heal Grant please. I've had lower back problems and they are very painful and take a long time to heal.

I have been assured by many Duke fans that they NEVER hang banners for #1. The only thing that matters is the ACC tourney. I am serious, folks. I haven't been in Cameron since 1979, so it may be my friends are mistaken. But I don't think they are. ??

Yes, that is longstanding tobacco road rhetoric - largely because Dean Smith used to say only the regular season is important, which in turn is because that is what they had a lot more of. But I think there are regular season banners up there now [that we have a lot more of them than we used to].

http://blogs.newsobserver.com/accnow/acc-banners-important-at-duke

Then be prepared for a failure.

All about getting healthy for the ncaas

Yup. Yes, I do think the team is gassed and all these intense 2H pressure cookers has taken it's toll on the team culminating into tonight. I don't think they have enough depth to make both an ACC and NCAA run. Get right for the NCAA Tourney.

Duke does hang banners for regular season ACC titles. There's a trophy for regular season champ. But the tournament championship means far more to just about everyone at Duke and just about everyone at every other school for that matter.

Read the history of the regular season championship.

Duke does hang banners for regular season ACC titles. There's a trophy for regular season champ. But the tournament championship means far more to just about everyone at Duke and just about everyone at every other school for that matter.

Read the history of the regular season championship.
Very interesting article! Thank you. So, at this point, if Virginia now wins the ACC tournament, Duke will be really REALLY mad?

Not really concerned with the ACC tourney. Might be in our best interest to win a few, at least one, but ultimately it means nothing, I never felt that way about the BE tourney.

Win a few? That puts Cuse in the championship game......if they are going to play in the game wouldn't you want to win it? Personally I could care less how many they win or lose as long as they can get healthy and this team finds something that gets them fired up! Maybe being shipped out of the east is what this team needs. Get away from the hype of how much easier it will be to get to the FF through the east. Do I want them in the east so I can sit at the Garden and have a fun weekend watching the Cuse? Absolutely! I don't know if it's fatigue or issue in the locker room or something else we don't know about yet but the bottom line is something is different since the first Duke game. Memo to the team.....Winning the Duke game at the dome wasn't the most important goal! The Final Four is!

Yeah that's a great article. Love historical sports stuff. Thanks for posting.

i'd venture to guess that come selection sunday if SU,duke or UVA wins the tourney that's your #1 seed in the east. and playing @ MSG.

Last edited:
I don't necessarily want to win the ACC tournament, but if we do, that means we are playing well and getting hot again and that's what we should really care about. It's March. We need to get hot. Look at what the BET did for us last year. We milked a Final Four out of it. We need to play better. That can start in the ACCT.

I think you folks will be pleasantly surprised at the fan's "support" at the ACC Tourney. For decades there has been a strong tendency for supporting ABCD..Anyone But Carolina and Dook. :)

I think you folks will be pleasantly surprised at the fan's "support" at the ACC Tourney. For decades there has been a strong tendency for supporting ABCD..Anyone But Carolina and Dook. :)

That's only because people, in general, are moral and good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom