Who will be 18yrs old one wk. from today? Hmm let me think. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Who will be 18yrs old one wk. from today? Hmm let me think.

Dude, you, me and BJ need to meet up and celebrate! ;)
Gonna be a big one (numerically) -- the big 6-5 (and my cat, Spike, just turned the big 2-1) -- I'm in better shape physically and mentally than I was when I was 35. Can we rendezvous here in Rochester, gonna be some l'chaiming goin' on!

Don't think I've ever "come out from behind the curtain" or online pseudonym on here, but here I am this past June with a Syracuse alum who performed at bar where I work (he's coming back next month … great guy, great performer, and he's the big 7-0!).

Me, Garland Jeffreys 6-27-13.jpg

Dec. 21 is a special day for birthdays: your son, Frank Zappa, Samuel L. Jackson, Phil Donahue, Jane Fonda, Paul Revere, Chris Evert, Josh Gibson, me….

Happy birthday in advance, Richie!

Hope all is well, bro. And happy holidays in advance, as well.

Happy birthday in advance, Richie!

Hope all is well, bro. And happy holidays in advance, as well.
Thanks, Ryan, all's well, and then some! Had my 6-month visit to oncologist last week, all's cool on that front. It's a wonderful life indeed!

Happy holidays to you and yours, too, Ryan.

Getting ready to settle in for the night and watch "our boy:cool:" LeBron take on the Cavs.

Fireball Jr. said:
Gonna be a big one (numerically) -- the big 6-5 (and my cat, Spike, just turned the big 2-1) -- I'm in better shape physically and mentally than I was when I was 35. Can we rendezvous here in Rochester, gonna be some l'chaiming goin' on! Don't think I've ever "come out from behind the curtain" or online pseudonym on here, but here I am this past June with a Syracuse alum who performed at bar where I work (he's coming back next month … great guy, great performer, and he's the big 7-0!).

Who's the cuse alum? And that's a Bruce shirt right??

Thanks, Ryan, all's well, and then some! Had my 6-month visit to oncologist last week, all's cool on that front. It's a wonderful life indeed!

Happy holidays to you and yours, too, Ryan.

Getting ready to settle in for the night and watch "our boy:cool:" LeBron take on the Cavs.

That is great news--wow, I know how nerve wracking having to go to those appointments used to be for my mom. I'm really happy for you--wonderful news! I hope your post gets the 100+ likes it deserves.

Didn't realize that LeBron is back in NEO tonight--might have to check that out!

Excellent call on the Bruce t-shirt! Very early Bruce.

The 'Cuse alum and Bruce are tight …. and the 'Cuse alum was very tight with Lou Reed when they both were in college.

Garland jeffreys, nice. Huge Bruce fan, heard of garland through the bruce connection but never listened to his stuff. Saw bruce at Shea in 2003, got a feeling he joined bruce onstage but not positive.

That is great news--wow, I know how nerve wracking having to go to those appointments used to be for my mom. I'm really happy for you--wonderful news! I hope your post gets the 100+ likes it deserves.

Didn't realize that LeBron is back in NEO tonight--might have to check that out!

LeBron's in Fla, hosting Dion and the Cavs.

Yeah, the visits to the ol' Wilmot Cancer Center are stressful indeed, I told my oncologist, nurse practitioner, and head nurse that they're all wonderful, warm people, that I actually enjoy seeing them, but would prefer if we could meet somewhere else, say, a restaurant or saloon.

I have a "baby" cancer -- low-grade, non-aggressive Non-Hodgkin's -- which I'll take all day over my sister and her son's high-grade, highly aggressive, highly lethal brain cancer. I'm lucky, I've had cancer twice -- thyroid and, now, lymphoma, and they're both nothing compared to what I've seen in my family and what I see when I go for checkups. I'm a lucky, lucky "alter kocker."

I plan to be at the game on Friday and most likely will be celebrating with BJ that night as we leave in the morning.

Hope he keeps his head up and realizes that this will be his team in a year or two. The kid has talent no question, just needs to wait his turn.

Happy Holidays as well!

I really thought BJ would redshirt this year given the fact he wasn't going to get much playing time at all
Still a lot of season to go and judging by the NC-UK game, these guys are going to be needed at sometime/some cases IMSUball. BJ just needs to keep working, lifting, practicing and relax in his wise old age.

I really thought BJ would redshirt this year given the fact he wasn't going to get much playing time at all

Me too. But he if he is really that talented 2 or 3 years of playing will be enough anyway. He still has a lot to prove.

Garland jeffreys, nice. Huge Bruce fan, heard of garland through the bruce connection but never listened to his stuff. Saw bruce at Shea in 2003, got a feeling he joined bruce onstage but not positive.
Garland was a hot new kid, a "next big thing," when he came on the scene in the '70s. Never achieved stardom, pretty much cult status, took some long breaks, he's come back last few years and is absolutely brilliant live … and a sweet, sweet human being.

Garland was a hot new kid, a "next big thing," when he came on the scene in the '70s. Never achieved stardom, pretty much cult status, took some long breaks, he's come back last few years and is absolutely brilliant live … and a sweet, sweet human being.

A big hit was 96 Tears...with ? And the Mysterians...yes they were called ? (Question mark) and the Mysterians. That was the original and Garland did a great cover. Bruce plays it a lot. I know you know this, Fireball...just throwing it out for others.

Happy birthday, dear BJ. Happy birthday to you! 17 and in college. Impressive! When I was 17, what was I doing? Hmm, drinking sloe gin and mooning over some boy.

Stay cool, BJ, you young whippersnapper, you!

that ship has not yet sailed . . .

LeBron's in Fla, hosting Dion and the Cavs.

Yeah, the visits to the ol' Wilmot Cancer Center are stressful indeed, I told my oncologist, nurse practitioner, and head nurse that they're all wonderful, warm people, that I actually enjoy seeing them, but would prefer if we could meet somewhere else, say, a restaurant or saloon.

I have a "baby" cancer -- low-grade, non-aggressive Non-Hodgkin's -- which I'll take all day over my sister and her son's high-grade, highly aggressive, highly lethal brain cancer. I'm lucky, I've had cancer twice -- thyroid and, now, lymphoma, and they're both nothing compared to what I've seen in my family and what I see when I go for checkups. I'm a lucky, lucky "alter kocker."

I wish you a quick and complete recovery, Fireball. As well as your sister and nephew.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom